Music Lessons Adjunct
W M Lee Center for Fine Arts 114
Phone: (605) 658-3466
<b>Jared Ostermann </b>is the Director of Music at the Cathedral of Saint Joseph in Sioux Falls, SD, and Adjunct Organ Instructor at the University of South Dakota. He holds degrees from the University of Kansas (DMA, BM) and the University of Notre Dame (MSM).
Areas of teaching and research interest include organ performance and pedagogy, service playing and improvisation, organ building and design, and Roman Catholic ritual and musical history - with a particular focus on the role of the choir and choral repertoire in the Catholic liturgy.
- DMA, Church Music, University of Kansas, 2012
- Master of Sacred Music, Sacred Music, University of Notre Dame, 2009
- BM, Church Music, University of Kansas, 2007
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions of the faculty member or discipline.
- Ostermann, Jared. "A Necessary or Integral Choir: Moving Parish Ensembles from Peripheral to Essential Liturgical Roles". Vol. 145, Iss. 2. McMinnville, TN : Sacred Music, 2018.
- Ostermann, Jared. "The Case against the Choral Ordinary in the Ordinary Form". Vol. 142, Iss. 2. McMinnville, TN : Sacred Music, 2015.
- Ostermann, Jared. "Twentieth-Century Reform and the Transition from a 'Parallel' to a 'Sequential' Liturgical Model: Implications for the Inherited Choral Repertoire and Future Liturgical Compositions". Vol. 142, Iss. 1. McMinnville, TN : Sacred Music, 2015.