John Korkow is currently working as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Addiction
Studies at the University of South Dakota, and as a Licensed Addiction Counselor (LAC)
with Lutheran Social Services, also in South Dakota. His research interests are
alcohol and drug neurology, alcohol and drug counseling, Native Americans in college,
and expansion of the use of qualitative research methodology in research (particularly
Addiction neurology, addiction counseling, Native Americans in college, and expansion
of the use of qualitative research methodology in research (particularly grounded
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for
display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions
of the faculty member or discipline.
- Hovrud, Lindsey, Simons, Raluca, Simons, Jeffery, and Korkow, John. Non-suicidal self-injury and bulimia: the role of emotion dysregulation and body dissatisfaction, 1-9. Eating and Weight Disorders-Studies on Anorexia, Bulimia and Obesity, 2019.
- Korkow, John, Sevening, Diane, Zavadil, Francis, and Merrigan, Mary. Addiction Education: The Benefits of NASAC Accreditation The Department of Addiction
Studies at the University of South Dakota. Edited by Jessica Gleason, 5. Vol. 5, Iss. 2. Washington, D.C.: NASAC Accreditation Website, 2018.
- Newville, Rachel A., and Newville. Students support no smoking no vaping policies, 2. Vermillion, SD: The Volante, 2016.
- Korkow, John. The Slippery Slope: The High Cost of Varying Standards for Certification and Licensure
of Addiction Counselors in the United States, 2. Washington, D.C.: Advances in Addiction and Recovery, 2016.
- Korkow, John. Requested article describing INCASE. In INCASE: The International Coalition of Addiction Educators, Past, Present and, edited by Jessica Gleason, 2. Vol. 3, Iss. 3. Washington, D.C.: Advances in Addiction & Recovery, 2015.
- Norris, Debra, Korkow, John, Johnson, Marni, Williams, Mandy, and Merrigan, Mary. Pat; the Veteran Case..