- Ph D, Neuroscience, University of Wisconsin - Madison, 1987
- BS, Psychology, Arizona State University, 1980
- Postdoctoral, Northwestern University Medical School,
- Neuronal Pathways Underlying In Vitro Motor Learning, NIH R01. Grant Role: Principal. (1999 - 2016)
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions of the faculty member or discipline.
- Keifer, Joyce. Comparative genomics of the BDNF gene, non-canonical modes of transcriptional regulation, and neurological disease, 2851-2861. Vol. 58. Mol Neurobiol, 2021. (DOI: 10.1007/s12035-021-02306-z)
- Zheng, Zhaoqing, and Keifer, Joyce. Learning-dependent transcriptional regulation of BDNF by its truncated protein isoform in turtle, 999-1014. Vol. 71. J Mol Neurosci, 2021. (DOI: 10.1007/s12031-020-01722-5)
- Keifer, Joyce, and Summers, Cliff H.. The neuroscience community has a role in environmental conservation. Vol. 8(2). eNeuro, 2021. (DOI: eNeuro.0454-20.2021)
- Zheng, Zhaoqing, Ambigapathy, Ganesh, and Keifer, Joyce. Characterization and transcriptional activation of the immediate early gene ARC during a neural correlate of classical conditioning, 380-390. Vol. 69. J Mol Neurosci, 2019.
- Keifer, Joyce, and Zheng, Zhaoqing. Cold block of in vitro eyeblink reflexes: Evidence supporting the use of hypothermia as an anesthetic in pond turtles, 4370-4373. Vol. 220. J Exp Biol, 2017.
- Zheng, Zhaoqing, Ambigapathy, Ganesh, and Keifer, Joyce. MeCP2 regulates Tet1-catalyzed demethylation, CTCF binding, and learning-dependent alternative splicing of the BDNF gene in turtle.. Vol. 6, Iss. e25384. eLife, 2017.
- Keifer, Joyce. Primetime for Learning Genes, 1-12. Vol. 8 (69). Genes, Special Issue "Role of Epigenetic Gene Regulation in Brain Function", 2017.
- Keifer, Joyce, Tiwari, Neeraj, Buse, Leah, and Zheng, Zhaoqing. Subunit-specific synaptic delivery of AMPA receptors by auxiliary chaperone proteins TARPg8 and GSG1L in classical conditioning., 53-59.. Vol. 645. Neurosci Lett, 2017.
- Keifer, Joyce, and Summers, Cliff H.. Putting the "Biology" Back into "Neurobiology": The Strength of Diversity in Animal Model Systems for Neuroscience Research, 1-9. Vol. 10, Iss. 69. Frontiers in Systems Neuroscience, 2016.
- Keifer, Joyce, Zheng, Zhaoqing, and Ambigapathy, Ganesh. A microRNA-BDNF negative feedback signaling loop in brain: Implications for Alzheimer's disease, 101-108. Vol. 4. MicroRNA, 2015.
- Keifer, Joyce, and Zheng, Zhaoqing. Coincidence detection in a neural correlate of classical conditioning is initiated by bidirectional PDK1 signaling and modulated by adenosine receptors, 1581-1595. Vol. 593. J Physiol, 2015.
- Ambigapathy, Ganesh, Zheng, Zhaoqing, and Keifer, Joyce. Regulation of BDNF chromatin status and promoter accessibility in a neural correlate of Associative learning, 981-993. Vol. 10. Epigenetics, 2015.
- Ambigapathy, Ganesh, Zheng, Zhaoqing, and Keifer, Joyce. Genomic organization and identification of promoter regions for the BDNF gene in the pond turtle Trachemys scripta elegans., 626-636. Vol. 53. J Mol Neurosci, 2014.
- Zheng, Zhaoqing, and Keifer, Joyce. Sequential delivery of synaptic GluA1 and GluA4-containing AMPARs by SAP97 anchored protein complexes in classical conditioning., 10540-10550. Vol. 289. J Biol Chem, 2014.
- Ambigapathy, Ganesh, Zheng, Zhaoqing, Li, Wei, and Keifer, Joyce. Identification of a functionally distinct truncated BDNF mRNA splice variant and protein in Trachemys scripta elegans, 1-10. Vol. 8, Iss. e67141. PLoS One, 2013.
- Li, W., and Keifer, Joyce. Rapid enrichment of presynapatic protein in boutons undergoing classical conditioning is mediated by brain-derived neurotrophic factor., 50-58. Vol. 203. Neuroscience, 2012.
- Zheng, Z., Sabirzhanov, B., and Keifer, Joyce. Two-stage AMPA receptor trafficking in classical conditioning and selective role for glutamate receptor subunit 4 (tGluA4) flop splice variant., 101-111. Vol. 108. J Neurophysiology, 2012.