Division Chair, Educational Leadership / Interim Chair, Counseling and Psychology in Education
Delzell Education Center 214D
Phone: (605) 677-5269
- Ph D, Educational Policy and Leadership: Higher Education Administration, The Ohio State University , 1991
- MA, College Student Personnel, Bowling Green State University , 1983
- BS, Medical Technology, Fitchburg State College , 1981
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions of the faculty member or discipline.
- De Jong, David, Curtin, Susan, Robinson, Derrick, Johnson, Stephen, Schaap, Ben, and Card, Karen. Division of Educational Leadership: Completed Dissertation Research Impacting the Midwest, 13. Vol. 1, Iss. May 2017. Vermillion, South Dakota: University of South Dakota School of Education, 2017.
- Anderson, Carla, and Card, Karen. Effective Practices of Financial Education for College Students: Students' Perceptions of Credit Card Use and Financial Responsibility, 271-279. Vol. 49, Iss. 2. MOBILE, AL : College Student Journal, 2015.
- Christensen, Cody, and Card, Karen. SPECIALIZED AVIATION FLIGHT ACCREDITATION UNDER PUBLIC LAW 111-216: AVIATION PROGRAM ADMINISTRATORS' PERCEPTIONS, 35-48. Vol. 32, Iss. 3. Auburn AL: Collegiate Aviation Review/University Aviation Association, 2014.
- Schieferecke, Roger W., and Card, Karen. Helping Males Succeed in College: Male's Experiences of Mattering and Marginalization, 87-99. Vol. 31, Iss. 2. The College Student Affairs Journal. , 2013.
- Card, Karen, , and James, Matt. Factors Contributing to Institutions Achieving Environmental Sustainability. Hamburg: International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education, 2013.
- Roiger, Trevor C., and Card, Karen. The Nature of Coupling with Intercollegiate Athletic Departments: Undergraduate Athletic Training Education Program Directors' Perceptions, 115-129. Vol. 7, Iss. 3. Athletic Training Education Journal, 2012.
- Roiger, Trevor C., and Card, Karen. The Nature of Coupling with Intercollegiate Athletic Departments: Undergraduate Athletic Training Education Program Directors' Perceptions., 115-128. Vol. 7, Iss. 3. Athletic Training Education Journal, 2012. (DOI: 10.5608/0703115)
- Card, Karen. Factors Contributing to Institutions Achieving Environmental Sustainability. Hamburg : International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education, 2012.
- Bailey, Craig, and Card, Karen. Effective Pedagogical Practices for Online Teaching: Perception of Experienced Instructors, 152-155. Vol. 12, Iss. 3-4. Internet and Higher Education,, 2009.
- Card, Karen, and Horton, Laura. Providing Access to Graduate Education Using Computer-Mediate Communication. Vol. 27, Iss. 3. International Journal of Media, 2009.
- Card, Karen, and Johnson, Janet. The Effects of Instructor and Student Immediacy behavior in Writing Improvement and Course Satisfaction in a Web-based Undergraduate Course. Vol. 4, Iss. 2. oulter Faculty Center for Excellence in Teaching & Learning at Western Carolina University.: Mountain Rise, The International Journal of Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, 2008.
- Card, Michael, and Card, Karen. Public Sector Competitive Strategies: Understanding Post-secondary Distance Education in South Dakota, 461-481. Vol. 30, Iss. 5. International Journal of Public Administration, 2007.
Awards and Honors:
- Patrick Merrigan Award for Distinguished Service, South Dakota ACPA College Student Educators International, 2013
- Regent's Faculty Recognition for Excellence in E-Learning, South Dakota Board of Regents, 2007
- Honorable Mention Belbas-Larson for Excellence in Teaching, The University of South Dakota, 2005
- Card, Karen. Dean and Chair Panel Presentations: Issues of Promotion & Tenure. Presented at the Council for the Advancement of Higher Education Programs (CAHEP), Las Vegas. (November 2012)
- Card, Karen. Doctoral Programs for Student Affairs Professionals. Presented at the National Association for Student Personnel Administrations Region VI West Conference , Rapid City, South Dakota. (November 2012)
- Card, Karen.
- James, Matt, Card, Karen. Going Green: A Comparative Case Study of How Institutions Achieved Progressive Environmental Sustainability. Presented at the American Educational Research Association , Denver. (2010)
- Card, Karen, Chambers, Crystal. Core Curricula in Higher Education Programs: Becoming an Academic Discipline.. Presented at the Council for Advancement of Higher Education Programs Pre-Conference at the Association for the Study of Higher Education Conference , Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. (November 2009)
- Card, Karen. Program Directors' Perceptions Utilizing Part-Time Faculty Members in. Presented at the Council for Advancement of Higher Education Programs Pre-Conference at the Association for the Study of Higher Education Conference , Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. (November 2009)
- Toman, Janelle K., Card, Karen. PARTNERS OR ADVERSARIES: A COMPARATIVE CASE STUDY OF THE ACCOUNTABILITY RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN HIGHER EDUCATION. Presented at the American Education and Research Association, Denver Co.. (April 2009)
- Card, Michael, Card, Karen. Going the Distance: Distance Education as a Strategy for Rural Institutions. Presented at the Association for the Study of Higher Education, Sacramento, CA. (November 2002)
- Card, Michael, Card, Karen. Public Sector Business Models: Understanding Post Secondary Distance Education in South Dakota. Presented at the American Society for Public Administration, Region VI Conference, Omaha, NE. (October 2002)