Since graduating from the University of Iowa Writers Workshop in 1986, I have published
poetry in both small-press and university-affiliated periodicals. My work has also
been represented in national and international anthologies.
I began my post-secondary education at a community college, and I recognize the need
for committed teachers of first- and second-year students who may not possess established
or well-articulated plans for their future, and who may well represent the first generation
in their family to attend college.
In addition to my own poetry, I am interested in researching working class writers,
especially poets associated with the San Francisco Renaissance like Jack Spicer and
Robert Duncan, and 1950s Boston-area poets like John Wieners and Stephen Jonas.
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for
display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions
of the faculty member or discipline.
- Magee, Kevin. Language Editor. Edited by Jadwiga Maszewska, 7-264. Vol. 5. Lodz: Text Matters: A Journal of Literature, Theory and Culture, 2015.
- Magee, Kevin. On the Wheels, Treeward, Where is the Word, Notre-Dame, Trying. In DeKadentzya, edited by Piotr Borzo?, Marcin Chru?ciel, John Crust, Krystyna Krzemi?ska, Agnieszka ?owczanin,
?ukasz Salski, Andrew Tomlinson, Ilona Zineczko., 18-25.. Vol. 1. Lodz, Poland: Lodz University Press, 2009.
- Magee, Kevin. Twoje, Archaic Torso, 26.IX.81 rime 81. In DeKadentzya, edited by Piotr Borzo?, Marcin Chru?ciel, John Crust, Krystyna Krzemi?ska, Agnieszka ?owczanin,
?ukasz Salski, Andrew Tomlinson, Ilona Zineczko., 132-39.. Vol. 1. Lodz, Poland: Lodz University Pres, 2009.
- Magee, Kevin. At Melville's Tomb: The Scattered Chapter. In PASE Studies in Literature and Culture, edited by Cie?lak M. and A. Rasmus, 227-33.. Vol. 2. Lodz, Poland: Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Lodzkiego, 2008.
- Magee, Kevin. Kino-Eye and the Projectivist Breath-Space: Dziga Vertov's and Charles Olson's Founding
Affinities.. In The Media and International Communication, edited by Lewandowska-Tomaszczyk, Barbara / Pludowski, Tomasz / Tanno, Dolores Valencia, 349-60.. Vol. 15. Berlin: Peter Lang, 2007.
- Magee, Kevin. Laughter and Fatality in Frank O'Hara, Jack Spicer, and Stephen Jonas. In Walking on a Trail of Words, edited by Jadwiga Maszewska and Zbigniew Maszewski, 231-44.. Lodz, Poland: Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Lodzkiego, 2007.
- Magee, Kevin. The Kitchen in King's Cross Road and Interpreter. Edited by David Holler and Chad Sweeney, 130-31.. Iss. 5. San Francisco, California: Parthenon West Review, 2007.
- Magee, Kevin. Thinking of You. Edited by Erika Staiti, William Lynch, Renee Rutledge, Laurel DeCou, 29-30.. Iss. 9. Oakland, California: 580 Split, 2007.
- Magee, Kevin. Two Poems: Euphorion and Balance of a Happy Day. In Conjunctions, edited by Bradford Morrow, 180-86.. Vol. 48. Annandale-on-Hudson, New York: Bard College, 2007.
- Magee, Kevin. from "Freeholds". Edited by Sarah Mangold, 35-9.. Iss. 8. Seattle, Washington: Bird Dog, 2006.
- Magee, Kevin. Infallible Indices: Reinscriptions of Shakespeare in Postwar American Poetry. In Collection Title for Edited Collection, edited by Andrzej Wicher, 43-60.. Vol. 1, Iss. 1. Lodz, Poland: Studies in English Philology, 2006.
- Magee, Kevin. "To Write as Speech.". Edited by Andrew Klobucar, 82-98.. Vol. 2, Iss. 50. Vancouver, British Columbia: The Capilano Review, 2006.
- Magee, Kevin. Proletariaria, Volume 2. In Book, edited by Peter Ganick, 454. Vol. 2, Iss. First. Espoo, Finland and West Hartford, Connecticut: Blue Lion Books, 2006.
- Magee, Kevin. Proletariaria, Volume I. Edited by Peter Ganick, 276. Vol. I, Iss. First. Espoo, Finland and West Hartford, Connecticut: Blue Lion Books, 2006.