McKusick Technology Center 211
Phone: (605) 658-6140
Highly organized, goal-oriented, passionate individual with the drive to make a difference. Over seven years of teaching and research experience in higher education?. A team player with over 11 years of experience and leadership in harm reduction, prevention, grassroots nonprofit, grant evaluation. My mission: to help people learn to help themselves.
I am very passionate about drug and alcohol prevention, helping skills and telehealth technology. I enjoy teaching and learning about cognitive approaches to educational psychology.
My research interests are: college substance use, sex trafficking, adult pedagogy, SBIRT, Telehealth and ECHO.
- Ph D, Counseling and Psychology in Education, USD, 2018
- MA, Addiction Studies, University of South Dakota, 2014
- BS, Addiction Studies, University of South Dakota, 2012
Licensures and Certifications:
- Functional Movement Techniques Basic, Sanford Sports Physical Therapy
- Post-Secondary Teaching, USD Graduate School and the Center for Teaching and Learning
- Certified Prevention Specialist, BAPP
- Advanced Muscular Therapy for the Low Back, Pelvic Girdle & Thighs, Sioux Falls Therapeutic Massage and Education Center
- Prevention Specialist, BAPP
- I Have Narcan, Do You?, South Dakota Department of Social Services. Grant Role: Co-Principal. (2021 - 2022)
- State Opioid Response, Department of Behavioral Health. Grant Role: Co-Principal. (2019 - 2021)
Awards and Honors:
- Honors Sample Syllabi, National Collegiate Honors Council, 2021
- School of Health Sciences Early Career Teaching Excellence Award, University of South Dakota, school of Health Sciences, 2021
- Open Textbook Fellowship, CTL/USD, 2020
- Course Design Fellowship, USD, 2019
- Open Textbook Fellowship, USD/ CTL, 2019
- Course Design Fellowship, USD, 2018
- Course Design Fellowship, USD, 2017
- Course Design Fellowship, USD, 2016
- Course Design Fellowship, USD, 2015
- Dittberner, Melissa. Addiction Student's Significant Learning. Presented at the 2021 Symposium on Substance Use Research. (November 2021)
- Dittberner, Melissa. Prevention and Motivation. Presented at the I'm Not Drunk, I Have MS, Denver, CO. (August 2021)
- Dittberner, Melissa. Stigma and Addiction. Presented at the ECHO Supporting Children of the Opioid Epidemic- Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome. (June 2021)
- Wendel, Tasha, Williams, Katie, Dittberner, Melissa. Significant Learning. Presented at the Teaching and Prevention: Promoting Adaptability, Resiliency, and Sustainability, Online. (March 9, 2021)
- Wendel, Tasha, Williams, Katie, Dittberner, Melissa, Cassanova, Tallie, Kassin, Katie. Screening and Prevention.