South Dakota, Great Plains, North American West, Gender, and Women
Northern Great Plains, North American West, U.S. Canadian Borderlands, U.S. Women's
history, Environmental and Cultural history
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for
display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions
of the faculty member or discipline.
- Rozum, Molly. Book Review of The Big Marsh: The Story of a Lost Landscape, 1-2.. H-Net Reviews in the Humanities & Social Sciences. H-Environment., 2018.
- Rozum, Molly. Grasslands Grown: Sense of Place and Regional Identity on North America's Canadian
Prairies and American Plains, 1870-1950. Lincoln: University of Nebraska Press, 2018.
- Rozum, Molly. "The Great Plains and Middle West in 'Middle America': Historiographic Reflections", 71-84. Vol. 4 (Fall), Iss. 1. Nebraska: Middle West Review, 2017.
- Rozum, Molly. Review of Sod Busting: How Families Made Farms on the 19th-Century Plains, by David
B. Danbom. Lincoln, Nebraska: Middle West Review, 2017.
- Rozum, Molly. Book Review of On Gender, Labor, and Inequality, by Ruth Milkman, 93. Vol. 28, Iss. 1. Lincoln, NE: Great Plains Research, 2017.
- Rozum, Molly. Review of The Life and Legends of Calamity Jane by Richard W. Etulain, 109-110. Vol. 97, Iss. 2. Lincoln, Nebraska: Nebraska History, 2016.
- Rozum, Molly. Review of Contingent Maps: Rethinking Western Women's History, eds, by Susan E. Gray
and Gayle Gullett, 119-120. Vol. 53. Norman, Oklahoma: Journal of Historical Geography, 2016.
- Rozum, Molly. Review of Place and Replace: Essays on Western Canada, eds, Adele Perry, Esyllt W.
Jones and Leah Morton, 295-297. Iss. 77. Edmonton, Alberta, Athabasca University Press: Labour/Le Travail, 2016.
- Rozum, Molly. Review of Insurgent Democracy: The Non partisan League in North American Politics,
by Michael Lansing. Helena, Montana: Montana: The Magaine of Western History, 2016.
- Rozum, Molly. Review of Assault on the Deadwood Stage: Road Agents and Shotgun Messengers, 35-36. Vol. 80, Iss. 1. Bismarck, ND: North Dakota History, 2015.
- Rozum, Molly. Review of Uniting the Tribes: The Rise and Fall of Pan-Indian Community on the Crow
Reservation by Frank Rzeczkowski, 27-28. Vol. 86, Iss. 4. Cheyenne, Wyoming: Annals of Wyoming, 2014.
- Rozum, Molly. Review of Women on the Northern Plains, edited by Renee M. Laegreld and Sandra K.
Mathews, 275-276. Vol. 43, Iss. 3. Pierre, South Dakota: South Dakota History, 2013.
- Rozum, Molly. Review of Time's Shadow: Remembering a Family Farm in Kansas, by Arnold J. Bauer, 104. Vol. 94, Iss. 2. Lincoln, Nebraska: Nebraska History, 2013.
- Rozum, Molly. Review of The Plains Political Tradition: Essays on South Dakota Political Culture,
edited by Jon K. Lauck, John E. Miller and Donald C. Simmons, Jr, 141-142. Vol. 50. Western Social Science Association: The Social Science Journal, 2013.
- Rozum, Molly. Review of Atlas of the Great Plains, by Stephen J. Lavin, Fred M. Shelley, and J.
Clark Archer, 186-188. Vol. 71, Iss. Spring. Iowa City, Iowa: Annals of Iowa, 2012.
- Rozum, Molly. "History is a Quality of Life Issue," Essay Contributor. In Why We Love History: Perspectives from Authors and Illustrators, 6-7. Pierre: South Dakota State Historical Society Press, 2011.
- Rozum, Molly. Book Notice of America's Lingering Wild Great Plains, by Michael Forsberg with Dan
O'Brien, David Wishart, and Ted Kooser, 479-480. Vol. 69, Iss. Fall. Iowa City, Iowa: Annals of Iowa, 2010.
- Rozum, Molly. Book Notice of Prairies and Plains: The Reference Literature of a Region, edited by
Robert Balay, 221. Vol. 69, Iss. Spring. Iowa City, Iowa: Annals of Iowa, 2010.
- Rozum, Molly. Review of Arc of the Medicine Line: Mapping the World's Longest Undefended Border
Across the Western Plains, by Tony Rees, 322-323. Vol. 29, Iss. Fall. Lincoln, Nebraska: Great Plains Quarterly, 2009.
- Rozum, Molly, Fowler, Eric B., and Delaney, Sheila. Small-Town Boy, Small-Town Girl: Growing Up in South Dakota, 1920-1950. Edited by Molly P. Rozum. Pierre, South Dakota: South Dakota State Historical Society Press , 2009.
- Rozum, Molly. Land of Dreams: Homesteading America, Voice-Over, Documentary Film. In Homestead National Monument of America. Harper's Ferry, West Virginia: National Park Service, U.S. Department of the Interior, Harper's Ferry Center Interpretive
Design Center, 2008.
- Rozum, Molly. "'That Understanding With Nature': Region, Race, and Nation in Women's Stories from
the Modern Canadian and American Grasslands Wests.". In One Step Over the Line: Toward A History of Women in the North American Wests, edited by Elizabeth Jameson and Sheila McManus, 129-164. Edmonton & Athabasca: University of Alberta Press and Athabasca University Press, 2008.
- Rozum, Molly. "Voices of Place: The Incorrigible Project of Writing Provincial and State History.", 541-554. Vol. 34, Iss. 3. Washington, SD, Association for Canadian Studies in the United States: American Review of Canadian Studies , 2004.
- Rozum, Molly. "'The Spark that Jumped the Gap': North America's Northern Plains and the Experience
of Place.". In One West, Two Myths: A Comparative Reader, edited by Carol Higham and Robert Thacker, 133-147. Calgary, Alberta: University of Calgary Press, 2004.
- Rozum, Molly. "Indelible Grasslands: Place, Memory, and the 'Life Review.'". In Toward Defining the Prairies: Region, Culture, and History, edited by Robert Wardhaugh, 119-135. Winnipeg, Manitoba: University of Manitoba Press, 2001.
- Rozum, Molly. "The Relational West.". In A Companion to Nineteenth-Century America, edited by William Barney, 286-300. Malden, MA: Blackwell, 2001.
- Rozum, Molly. Book Review of This Place, These People: Life and Shadows on the Great Plains. Lincoln, NE: Middle West Review.