Elementary teacher in K-12 for ten years. For five years worked as a Reading
Recovery Teacher Leader training teachers and teaching children in Reading Recovery,
an intervention for struggling readers. Currently work with pre-service and veteran
teachers in the areas of reading instruction and assessment.
Reading Methods and Reading Intervention.
Reading methods, reading intervention, early literacy, teacher education, diverse
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for
display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions
of the faculty member or discipline.
- Cheeseman, Gary, Gapp, Susan, and Platt, Samuel. An Examination of Stories: How Cross-Cultural Communication Might Lead to Healthier
Relationships and Peace across Cultures: A Case Study. Edited by Dr. Stewart Lehman, 24. Vol. 7, Iss. 3. Colfax, LA: American International Journal of Social Science, 2018.
- Williams, Jing, and Gapp, Susan. Counting on Grace. In Notable books, notable lessons: Putting social studies back in the K-8 curriculum, edited by Andrea S. Libresco, Jeannette Balantic, Mary Battenfeld, 45-54. Santa Barbara, CA: ABC-CLIO, 2017.
- Chen, H H., Liang, Y C., Gapp, Susan, Newland, Lisa, and Giger, Jarod T.. Direct and indirect links between the couple relationship and child school outcomes, 658-673. Vol. 85, Iss. 4. Journal of Experimental Education, 2017.
- Cheeseman, Gary, and Gapp, Susan. Fifth Grade Voices Integrating Storytelling into Classroom Instruction: A Phenomenological
Study, 20-34. Vol. 1, Iss. 3. Education Practice and Innovation, 2014. (DOI: 10.15764?EPI.2014.03004)
- Newland, Lisa, Chen, Hui-Hua, Coyl-Shepherd, Diana, Liang, Yi-Ching, Carr, Ellian, Dykstra, Emily, and Gapp, Susan. Parent and Child Perspectives on Mothering and Fathering: The Influence of Ecocultural
Niches, 534-552. Vol. 183, Iss. 3-4. Early Child Development and Care, 2013.
- Cheeseman, Gary, and Gapp, Susan. Integrating Storytelling into the Mindset of Prospective Teachers of American Indian
Students. Edited by Alan H. Jones and Heather L. Hazuka, 24 -32. Vol. 19, Iss. 4. San Francisco, CA: Multicultural Education/Caddo Gap Press, 2012.
- Pietrzak, Dale, Engelking, Jeri, Reed, Kristine, Gapp, Susan, and Bosse, Sherrie. Motivations and Deterrents for Entering the Teaching Field in a Rural State, 18-33. Vol. 4, Iss. 2. Journal of Inquiry and Action in Education, 2011.
- Hovland, Michelle, Gapp, Susan, and Theis, Becky. LOOK: Examing the Concept of Learning to Look at Print. Edited by Phillip Feldman, 128-138. Vol. 48, Iss. 3. Reading Improvement, 2011.
- Newland, Lisa, Gapp, Susan, Jacobs, Gera, Reisetter, Marcia, Syed, Daniela C., Wu, Chih-Hsiu, and . Mothers' Beliefs and Involvement: Links with Preschool Literacy Development. The International Journal of Psychology: A Biopsychosocial Approach , 2011.
- Bosse, Sherrie, Duncan, Kelly, Gapp, Susan, and Newland, Lisa. Supporting American Indian students in the transition to postsecondary education, 33-51. Vol. 23, Iss. 2. Journal of the First-Year Experience & Students in Transition, 2011.
- Gapp, Susan, Zalud, Garreth, and Pietrzak, Dale. End of Intervention Reading Recoveyr Decisions and Subsequent Achievement. Edited by Phillip Feldman, 9-18. Vol. 46, Iss. 1. Mobile Alabama: Reading Improvement, 2009.
- Gapp, Susan, Zalud, Garreth, and Pietrzak, Dale. Can Reading Recovery End of Intervention Status Decision Predict Later Achievement?
A South Dakota Study., 60-65. Vol. Spring. Journal of Reading Recovery, 2008.