School of Law 211
Phone: (605) 658-3537
- JD, University of Nebraska College of Law, 1983
- BS, Economics & Finance, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1980
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions of the faculty member or discipline.
- Geu, Thomas. The Law School Dean Game: "What's It Like to Be a Law School Dean?", 50 U. Tol. L. Rev. 281 (2019)..
- Geu, Thomas. Thomas E. Rutledge & John R. DeBruy, To Be or Not to Be Exclusive: Statutory Construction of the Charging Order in the Single Member LLC, 9 DePaul Bus. & Com. L.J. 83 (2010)..
- Geu, Thomas. Thomas E. Rutledge, The Analytic Protocol for the Duty of Loyalty Under the Prototype LLC Act, 63 Ark. L. Rev. 473 (2010)..
- Geu, Thomas. A Single Theory of Limited Liability Companies: An Evolutionary Analysis, 42 Suffolk U. L. Rev. 507 (2009)..
- Geu, Thomas. James B. Dean, The New Limited Cooperative Association Act: A Capital Idea for Principled Self-Help Value Added Firms, Community-Based Economic Development and Low-Profit Joint Ventures, 44 Real Prop. Trust & Est. L.J. 55 (2009)..
- Geu, Thomas. The Uniform Limited Cooperative Act: Comparative Leverage Points and Principles, Cooperative Accountant, Spring 2009, at 3..
- Geu, Thomas. A Comparison Between China and the United States in the Legislative Background of Limited Partnership and the Independent Legal Personality, 27 J. China Youth Univ. Poli. Sci. 82 (2008)..
- Geu, Thomas. A Selective Overview of Agency, Good Faith and Delaware Entity Law, 10 Del. L. Rev. 17 (2008)..
- Geu, Thomas. James B. Dean, The Uniform Limited Cooperative Association Act: An Introduction, 13 Drake J. Agric. L. 63 (2008)..
- Geu, Thomas. Practical Guide to the Limited Liability Limited Partnership, in 1 State Limited Liability: Company & Partnership Laws LLLP-1 (Arthur Jacobson et al. eds., 2008)..
- Geu, Thomas. South Dakota Practice Guide, in 4 State Limited Liability: Company & Partnership Laws LLC-SD-1 (Arthur Jacobson et al. eds., 2008)..
- Geu, Thomas. Committee Reporter, National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws Drafting Committee on Uniform Limited Cooperative Associations Act (2007)..
- Geu, Thomas. Thomas E. Rutledge & Carter G. Bishop, Foreclosure and Dissolution Rights of a Member's Creditors: No Cause for Alarm, Prob. & Prop., May/June 2007 at 35..
- Geu, Thomas. Yong Wu, The New PRC Limited Partnership Enterprise Law and the Limited Partnership Law of the United States: A Selective Analytical Comparison, 25 UCLA Pac. Basin L.J. 133 (2007)..
- Geu, Thomas. Determining Section 179 Property (CCH software module, 2006)..
- Geu, Thomas. Thomas E. Rutledge, In re Ehmann II - Now You See It, Now You Don't, Bus. Ent., May/June 2006, at 44..
- Geu, Thomas. Thomas E. Rutledge, Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?: The Bankruptcy Trustee's Ability to Become a Member of an LLC and the Ehmann Decision, Bus. Ent., Mar./Apr. 2005, at 32..
- Geu, Thomas. Daniel Kleinberger, Carter Bishop, Charging Orders and the New Uniform Limited Partnership Act: Dispelling Rumors of Disaster, Prob. & Prop., July/Aug. 2004, at 30..
- Geu, Thomas. Selected Estate Planning Aspects of the Uniform Limited Partnership Act (2001), 37 Suffolk U. L. Rev. 735 (2004)..
- Geu, Thomas. Thomas E. Rutledge, The Albright Decision, Why an SMLLC is Not an Appropriate Asset Protection Vehicle, Bus. Ent., Sept./Oct. 2003, at 16..
- Geu, Thomas. Are Employee Appraisals Making the Grade - A Basic Primer and Illustrative Application of Federal Private Employment Discrimination Law, 47 S.D. L. Rev. 430 (2002)..
- Geu, Thomas. Barry B. Nekritz, Expectations for the Twenty-First Century: An Overview of the New Limited Partnership Act, Prob. & Prop., Jan./Feb. 2002, at 47..
- Geu, Thomas. Robert Keatinge, The Proposed Model Inter Entity Transactions Act: A Proposal to Rationalize Changes in Forms of Business Organizations, 37 Real Prop. Prob. & Tr. J. 385 (2002)..
- Geu, Thomas. John H. Davidson, The Missouri River and Adaptive Management: Protecting Ecological Function and Legal Process, 80 Neb. L. Rev. 816 (2001)..
- Geu, Thomas. Lis Pendens, in 14 Powell On Real Property 82A-1 (Michael Allan Wolf, ed. 1999)..
- Geu, Thomas. Policy and Science: A Review Essay of Wilson's Consilience: The Unity of Knowledge, 44 S.D. L. Rev. 612 (1999)..
- Geu, Thomas. Registration of Title, in 14 Powell On Real Property 83-1 (Michael Allan Wolf, ed. 1999)..
- Geu, Thomas. Chaos, Complexity, and Coevolution: The Web of Law, Management Theory, and Law Related Services at the Millennium, 65 Tenn. L. Rev. 925, Parts I & II (1998)..
- Geu, Thomas. Chaos, Complexity, and Coevolution: The Web of Law, Management Theory, and Law Related Services at the Millennium, 66 Tenn. L. Rev. 137, Parts III & IV (1998)..
- Geu, Thomas. The Economics of Small Business Organizations and a Selective Comparison of Poland and the U.S., in 2 Spo??ki Jako Formy Prawne Organizowania Przedsie?biorczos?ci: Wybrane Zagadnienia Wraz Z Wzorami Umo?w I Innych Dokumento?w Organizuja?cych Spo??ki 1 (Stanislaw Prutis ed., 1998)..
- Geu, Thomas. Martha S. Davis, Work: A Legal Analysis in the Context of the Changing Transnational Political Economy, 63 U. Cin. L. Rev. 1679 (1995)..
- Geu, Thomas. The Tao of Jurisprudence: Chaos, Brain Science, Synchronicity, and the Law, 61 Tenn. L. Rev. 933 (1994)..
- Geu, Thomas. "Back to the Future": Professor T.S. Adams (1873-1933), Fed. Bar Assoc. Sect. Tax'n Rep., Summer 1993, at 1..
- Geu, Thomas. A Comparative Book Review of Two Basic Business Books, 38 S.D. L. Rev. 789 (1993) (reviewing John Leslie Livingstone, The Portable MBA in Finance and Accounting (1992) and Robert W. Hamilton, Fundamentals of Modern Business (1992))..
- Geu, Thomas. Limited Liability Companies: Gaining Momentum, Prob. & Prop., Nov./Dec. 1993 at 47..
- Geu, Thomas. Professor T.S. Adams (1873-1933) on Federal Taxation: Deja Vu Over Again, 10 Akron Tax J. 29 (1993)..
- Geu, Thomas. Understanding the Limited Liability Company: A Basic Comparative Primer (Part Two), 37 S.D. L. Rev. 467 (1992)..
- Geu, Thomas. Understanding the Limited Liability Company: A Basic Comparative Primer (Part One), 37 S.D. L. Rev. 44 (1991)..
- Geu, Thomas. A Good Book: A Book Review of the Law and Practice of Secured Transactions, 35 S.D. L. Rev. 487 (1990) (reviewing The Law and Practice of Secured Transactions: Working with Article 9 (Richard F. Duncan & William H. Lyons eds., 1987))..
- Geu, Thomas. Richard F. Duncan & William H. Lyons, The Law and Practice of Secured Transactions: Working with Article 9 (1989-)..
- Geu, Thomas. Post-Mortem Recognition of Informal Family Partnerships, 63 Neb. L. Rev. 314 (1984)..
Awards and Honors:
- John Wesley Jackson Memorial Award, Law School, 2010
- John Wesley Jackson Memorial Award, Law School, 2007
- Uniform Law Foundation Scholar, 2003
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation, 2001
- Outstanding Young Nebraska Alumnus Award, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1996
- Geu, Thomas. Should There Be a Single Theory of LLCs: If You See a Fork in the Bridge. . .. Presented at the LLCs at 20 Symposium, Boston. (June 2008)
- Geu, Thomas. Professional Judgment: How to Think Like a 'BLINK-ing' Lawyer.
- Geu, Thomas. Rural Economy, Renewable Energy and the Role of Our Cooperatives. Presented at the U.S. Senate Finance Committee Field Hearing, Des Moines, IA. (August 2003)
- Geu, Thomas. The Structure of Corporate Law and the Trust Factor: An Evolutionary Perspective.
- Geu, Thomas. Human Drives, Evolution, and the Family Business. Presented at the Research Conference, Nashville, TN. (2002)
- Geu, Thomas. Professional Responsibility's Maginot Line or the Ethical Berlin Wall: Drawing the Line Against Professional Service Firms as Networked as Al Qaeda. Presented at the The Thirty-Eighth Annual Heart of America Tax Institute, Kansas City. (October 2001)
- Geu, Thomas. The Moral Animal in The Winner Take All Society: Fiduciary Duty is Dead, Long Live Fiduciary Duty. Presented at the Law and Entrepreneurship Research Conference, Portland, OR. (October 2000)
- Geu, Thomas. The Amalgamated Transnational Firm: The Global Web of Law, Business & the Delivery of Legal Services.
- Geu, Thomas. Presented at the Distinguished Lecture Series, Hertfordshire. (1999)