Tom Mrozla is an Assistant Professor of Criminal Justice at the University of South
Dakota. His research focuses on the police, specifically police accountability and
perceptions of police. He also studies rural policing, fear of crime, and personal
safety. He received his Master's degree in Sociology from the University of North
Dakota and Ph.D. in Criminal Justice from North Dakota State University.
Police Accountability, Rural Policing, Fear of Crime
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for
display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions
of the faculty member or discipline.
- Mrozla, Thomas. Complaints of Police Misconduct: Examining the Timeliness and Outcomes of Internal
Affairs Investigations. The Social Science Journal, 2019. (DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.soscij.2019.04.007)
- Huynh, Carol, Robinson, Chloe, Mrozla, Thomas, Dahle, Thorvald, Archbold, Carol, and Marcel, Alexandra. New Faces in a New Place: Long-Time Residents' Perceptions of New Residents in an
Oil Boomtown in the Bakken Oil Shale Region, 992-1006. Vol. 40, Iss. 8. Deviant Behavior, 2019. (DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/01639625.2018.1456689)
- Archbold, Carol, Mrozla, Thomas, Huynh, Carol, Dahle, Thorvald, Robinson, Chloe, and Marcel, Alexandra. Resident interaction and social well-being in an oil boomtown in western North Dakota, 463-472. Vol. 55, Iss. 4. The Social Science Journal, 2018. (DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.soscij.2018.03.003)
- Mrozla, Thomas, Dahle, Thorvald, Huynh, Carol, Robinson, Chloe, Archbold, Carol, and Marcel, Alexandra. Fear of crime in an oil boomtown in Western North Dakota, 364-381. Vol. 41, Iss. 4. Journal of Crime and Justice, 2018. (DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/0735648X.2018.1429297)
- Mrozla, Thomas. North Dakota State University Perceptions of Campus Police and Personal Safety Report..
- Archbold, Carol, Dahle, Thorvald, Huynh, Carol, and Mrozla, Thomas. Some days I feel like the dam broke...An examination of increased workload on police
officer stress and job satisfaction in western North Dakota. Internet Journal of Criminology, 2016.