Dr. Krus joined the University in 2018 after serving as a Research Associate at the
University of Glasgow from 2013-2018. His research focuses on the use of scientific
dating techniques, GIS, and statistical modeling to address archaeologically grounded
and anthropologically informed research questions. https://orcid.org/0000-0003-1970-4473
Dr. Krus' course rotation: Introduction to Archaeology (ANTH 230), World Ethnography
(ANTH 460), Practice of Anthropology (ANTH 485), World Regional Geography (GEOG 210),
Historical Archaeology (ANTH 340), Collapse of Societies (ANTH/SUST 426), Anthropology
of American Violence (ANTH 490), South Dakota Prehistory (ANTH 320), Anthropology
of Time (ANTH 490), Archaeological Field Techniques (ANTH 431/531)
Anthropology; archaeology; scientific dating techniques; stable isotope analysis;
GIS; Bayesian statistics; time and temporality; violence and warfare; sustainability;
social complexity; ethnohistory; the British Isles; Native American history in the
American Southeast, Midwest, and the Arctic
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for
display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions
of the faculty member or discipline.
- Hamilton, Derek, and Krus, Anthony. Bay of Skaill: Radiocarbon dating and Bayesian modelling. In Coastal Landscapes: Viking and Late Norse Settlement at the Bay of Skaill, Marwick,
and Birsay Bay, Orkney, edited by David Griffiths. Oxford: Oxbow Books, 2019.
- Krus, Anthony, and Thompson, Victor. Special Issue: Dating Island and Coastal Settlements. The Journal of Island and Coastal Archaeology, 2019.
- Brunning, R., Jones, A., Cook, G., and Krus, Anthony. Scientific dating of the Early Bronze Age Log Coffin Burials at Sproxton and Eaton,
Leicestershire, 1-14. Vol. 92. Transactions of the Leicestershire Archaeological and Historical Society, 2018.
- Krus, Anthony, and Cobb, Charles R.. The Mississippian Fin de Siècle in the Middle Cumberland Region of Tennessee, 302-319. Vol. 83, Iss. 2. American Antiquity, 2018. (DOI: 10.1017/aaq.2018.1)
- Hamilton, W. D., and Krus, Anthony. The myths and realities of Bayesian chronological modeling revealed, 187-203. Vol. 83, Iss. 2. American Antiquity, 2018. (DOI: 10.1017/aaq.2017.57)
- Hamilton, Derek, and Krus, Anthony. Radiocarbon dating and Bayesian modelling of Cults Loch 3, 4 and 5. In A Lake Dwelling in Its Landscape: Iron Age settlement at Cults Loch, Castle Kennedy,
Dumfries & Galloway, edited by Cavers, M. Graeme; Crone, Anne, 187-194. Oxford: Oxbow Books, 2018.
- Thompson, Victor D., and Krus, Anthony. Contemplating the history and future of radiocarbon dating in the American Southeast, 1-11. Vol. 37, Iss. 1. Southeastern Archaeology, 2018. (DOI: 10.1080/0734578X.2017.1364600)
- Cook, Martin, Heald, Andy, Krus, Anthony, McLaren, Dawn, Ritchie, Matt, and Roper, Katie. The Dun Deardail Project. In The Archaeology of Dun Deardail, edited by Ritchie, M., 29-49. Edinburgh: Forestry Commission Scotland, 2018.
- Ballin, Torben B., Boyle, Angela, Cruickshanks, Gemma, Haggarty, George, Hall, Derek, Hamilton, W. D., Jones, Richard, Krus, Anthony, Murdock, Kenneth, and Ramsay, Susan. Monks, Priests and Farmers: A Community Research Excavation at Baliscate, Isle of
Mull, 1-107. Vol. 68. Scottish Archaeological Internet Reports, 2017. (DOI: 10.9750/issn.2056-7421.2017.68)
- Krus, Anthony, and Peteranna, Mary. Bayesian modeling of an early bronze age cemetery at Armadale, Isle of Skye, Scotland, 693-708. Vol. 58, Iss. 3. Radiocarbon, 2016. (DOI: 10.1017/RDC.2016.21)
- Krus, Anthony. Timing of precolumbian militarization in the U.S. Midwest and Southeast, 375-388. Vol. 81, Iss. 2. American Antiquity, 2016. (DOI: 10.7183/0002-73184.108.40.2065)
- Malim, Tim, Wellicome, Thomas, Timby, Jane, Mooney, Dawn E., Schwenninger, Jean-Luc, and Krus, Anthony. Iron Age and Romano-British Occupation at Craven Arms Enclosure B, Shropshire: Investigations
in 2013, 51-101. Vol. 91. Transactions of the Shropshire Archaeological and Historical Society, 2016.
- Krus, Anthony, Jensen, Anne M., Hamilton, W. D., and Sayle, Kerry. Research in progress: Assessing marine radiocarbon reservoir effect variation in greater
Utqiagvik, Alaska, 107. Vol. 14, Iss. 1&2. Alaska Journal of Anthropology, 2016.
- Cobb, C., Krus, Anthony, and Steadman, D.W.. Bayesian modeling of the occupation span of the Averbuch site in the Middle Cumberland
Drainage, Tennessee, 46-56. Vol. 34, Iss. 1. Southeastern Archaeology, 2015. (DOI: 10.1179/2168472314Y.0000000005)
- Krus, Anthony. Bayesian analysis. In Archaeological Excavation Report SACIC Report No. 2015/083, edited by Gill, D.; Goffin, R.; Caruth, J., 166-174. Suffolk Archaeology Community Interest Company, 2015.
- Krus, Anthony, Cook, R., and Hamilton, W.D.. Bayesian chronological modeling of SunWatch, a fort ancient village in Dayton, Ohio, 965-977. Vol. 57, Iss. 2. Radiocarbon, 2015. (DOI: 10.2458/azu\_rc.57.18179)
- Krus, Anthony, McGill, Dru, and Monaghan, G.. Special Issue: The Angel Mounds Issue [editors]. Vol. 38, Iss. 2. Midcontinental Journal of Archaeology, 2013.
- Marshall, Joel M., and Krus, Anthony. Estimation of WPA artifact collection bias in the East Village at Angel Mounds, 183-188. Vol. 38, Iss. 2. Midcontinental Journal of Archaeology, 2013. (DOI: 10.1179/mca.2013.007)
- Krus, Anthony, McGill, Dru E., and Monaghan, G. W.. Introduction to the Angel Mounds issue, 149-153. Vol. 38, Iss. 2. Midcontinental Journal of Archaeology, 2013. (DOI: 10.1179/mca.2013.004)
- Monaghan, G. W., Schilling, Timothy, Krus, Anthony, and Peebles, Christopher S.. Mound construction chronology at Angel Mounds episodic mound construction and ceremonial
events, 155-170. Vol. 38, Iss. 2. Midcontinental Journal of Archaeology, 2013. (DOI: 10.1179/mca.2013.005)
- Krus, Anthony, Schilling, Timothy, and Monaghan, G. W.. The timing of Angel Mounds palisade construction a search for the best chronological
model, 171-182. Vol. 38, Iss. 2. Midcontinental Journal of Archaeology, 2013. (DOI: 10.1179/mca.2013.006)
- Baumann, Timothy E., Monaghan, G. W., Peebles, Christopher, Marshall, Charla, Krus, Anthony, and Marshall, Joel. The legacy of Lilly, Black, and the WPA at Angel Mounds near Evansville, Indiana, 34-38. Vol. 11, Iss. 5. SAA Archaeological Record, 2011.
- Krus, Anthony. Bridging History and Prehistory: The Possible Antiquity of a Native American Ballgame, 136-145. Vol. 4. Native South, 2011. (DOI: 10.1353/nso.2011.0004)
- Krus, Anthony. Refortifying Cahokia, more efficient palisade construction through redesigned bastions, 227-244. Vol. 36, Iss. 2. Midcontinental Journal of Archaeology, 2011. (DOI: 10.1179/mca.2011.011)
- Krus, Anthony. Review of: Cultural Resource Archaeology, 191-192. Vol. 30, Iss. 1. Southeastern Archaeology, 2011.
- Krus, Anthony. Review of: Mapping the Mississippian Shatter Zone: The Colonial Indian Slave Trade
and Regional Instability in the American South, 701-702. Vol. 75, Iss. 3. American Antiquity, 2010.
- Krus, Anthony, Jensen, Anne M., Hamilton, W. D., and Sayle, Kerry. Contextually Appropriate Approach for Marine 14C Calibration: ?R and Bayesian Framework
for the Nuvuk Cemetery, Point Barrow, Alaska. Radiocarbon.
- Krus, Anthony, Herrmann, Edward W., Pike, Matthew D., Monaghan, G. W., and Wilson, Jeremy J.. Chronology of a Fortified Mississippian Village in the Central Illinois River Valley. Radiocarbon.