BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING PROGRAM
GEAR CENTER 219
Phone: (605) 275-7469
2001-2003, Postdoctoral researcher in Biomedical Engineering, Tsinghua University, China; 2004-2007, Postdoctoral researcher in Bioengineering, Rice University, Houston; 2008-Present, Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering, University of South Dakota, Sioux Falls.
For graduate students: Tissue Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Biotechnology for Biomedical Engineers, Experimental Design and Data Analysis in Biology. For undergraduate students: Biomedical technology.
Tissue Engineering, antimicrobial, & biomaterial.
- EPSCoR RII Track-1: Understanding the rules at the boundaries of multicellular life, SDSMT. Grant Role: Supporting. (2019 - 2024)
- EPSCoR Track-2: Data Driven Material Discovery Center for Bioengineering Innovation, NSF. Grant Role: Supporting. (2019 - 2023)
- Orthopedic Implant Materials with Bacteria-resistant and Osteogenic Functions. Grant Role: Principal. (2013 - 2016)
- Biomimetic Nanofibrous Scaffold for Annulus Fibrosus Engineering, South Dakota Board of Regents. Grant Role: Principal. (2010 - 2011)
- Center for Engineered Biomedical Devices, Armed Forces Institute for Renerative Medicine. Grant Role: Co-Principal.
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions of the faculty member or discipline.
- Deng, Ying, and Lv, Wei. Biofilms and implantable medical devices. Edited by Ying Deng and Wei Lv. Sioux Falls: Woodhead publishing, 2017.
- Bo, Yang, Lv, Wei, and Deng, Ying. Drug loaded poly(glycerol sebacate) as a local drug delivery system for the treatment of periodontal disease. Iss. 59. Sioux Falls: RSC Advances, 2017.