Learning for the love of it!
The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at the University of South Dakota lets you keep learning your whole life. With short-term, non-credit classes, OLLI offers programs designed for people age 50 and over, but classes are open to all ages and education levels. There are no tests and no grades, just fun!
Get Involved with OLLI
An OLLI at USD membership gets you:
- Unlimited class enrollment each term at all South Dakota locations, space permitting.
- Learn from and interact with live instructors, either in person or on Zoom.
- Stay involved with and learn about the world and current events.
- Opportunities to volunteer, including teaching, shaping future courses, marketing and more.
Membership fees are non-refundable. In the event you change your mind about membership prior to the start of a term or are unable to attend classes due to a hardship, you may request a transfer of your membership to another person. Certain restrictions apply.
Contact us for more information.
OLLI has a Spring and Fall Semester:
- 1 semester: $100
- Annual (2 semesters) $180
There are several ways to join OLLI at the University of South Dakota:
1. Online (Recommended)
New to OLLI? Click on the JOIN and Register for Courses Online Now button below. and set up an account. Pay for membership and choose your classes. (We accept Visa, American Express, Discover or MasterCard. Fees paid to OLLI with a credit card will show up on your statement as payable to USD AUTHORIZE.NET. Credit cards are processed through a payment service. We do not store credit card numbers in our registration system.
2. Mail a Check
Send us a check along with your name, address, phone, type of membership and email to:
OLLI at the University of South Dakota
4801 N Career Avenue
Sioux Falls, SD 57107
3. In Person:
Bring the membership form with your payment to the OLLI at USD office at the address above. We are located in the Science and Technology Building on the southwest corner of the docampus. Our offices are near room 122. Please call 605-274-9528 prior to arrival to ensure someone is in the office.
OLLI Members Present and Past: Anyone who has taken OLLI courses in the past has an account and password. Log in below to renew your membership, register for courses, cancel courses and more.
Some classes fill quickly. Registering online is the best chance of getting into popular classes. Mailed registration forms are entered by volunteers in the order in which they were received after registration opens.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Foreign language
- Current events
- International affairs
- Government and politics
- Philosophy and the social sciences
- Literature and writing
- Many other mind expanding topics
Before you develop your class curriculum, please download our OLLI Instructor Handbook.
Tell a Friend
Join the Booster Club
Give a Gift Membership
Become a Partner
- Sanford Health
- South Dakota Humanities Council
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- USD – Sioux Falls
These organizations provide OLLI with classroom space and other considerations:
- Arc of Dreams
- Brookings Activity Center
- Brookings Public Library
- Children’s Museum of South Dakota
- City of Vermillion
- Coyote Twin Theatre
- Crooks Gun Club
- Dacotah Bank in Brookings
- Dakota Lions Sight & Health
- Dakota Park Nature Center
- Dow Rummel Village
- Easton Foundation, Yankton
- First Lutheran Church, Brookings
- Four Winds Woodcraft and Boatshop
- Great Plains Zoo
- Hy-Vee in Brookings and Vermillion
- Levitt at the Falls
- McCrory Gardens
- Millennium Recycling, Inc.
- National Music Museum
- Old Courthouse Museum
- Our Savior's Lutheran Church, Sioux Falls
- Orpheum Theater
- Outdoor Campus
- Pheasant Restaurant, Brookings
- Prairie Soul Yoga
- Ronning Library
- Sanford Promise
- Sanford Pentagon
- Sioux Falls Public Libraries
- Sioux Falls Seminary
- Siouxland Heritage Museums
- South Dakota Ag Heritage Museum, Brookings
- South Dakota Art Museum, Brookings
- South Dakota Game, Fish and Parks
- South Dakota News Watch
- South Dakota State University
- Spirit of Peace
- St. Francis House
- St. Thomas More
- Stockyard Ag Experience
- Trail Ridge Retirement Community
- University of South Dakota, Vermillion
- USD Discovery District
- Vermillion City Hall
- Edith B. Siegrist Vermillion Public Library
- Washington Pavilion of Arts and Science
- W. H. Over Museum in Vermillion
- Wooden Legs Brewery
For more information on the Bernard Osher Foundation, which funds OLLIs throughout the United States, visit the website at www.osherfoundation.org.
Faculty & Staff
OLLI at USD offers a wide variety of courses, tours, lectures, film viewings, active learning opportunities and events.
Membership is required to take courses, attend most events and take advantage of OLLI opportunities. With your membership you may enroll in as many courses as you can attend.
OLLI members come from all educational, professional and social backgrounds. All have a desire to stay intellectually active and engaged. OLLI is for anyone who wants to:
- Connect with peers who share common interests
- Explore fascinating subjects through classes and courses
- Enhance creativity
- Attend OLLI educational and social events
- Make new friends
- Get GREAT VALUE for your money