Dr. Adam Hardy earned his Ph.D. in Counselor Education from the University of South Dakota in August 2017. He has experience working as a licensed professional counselor, specializing in the domains of sexual assault, domestic violence, criminal rehabilitation, and substance use disorders.
Dr. Hardy's teaching interests include multicultural counseling, traumatic stress and crisis counseling, group counseling, and clinical practicum supervision.
Dr. Hardy's research interests include the following areas: substance use disorder treatment, traumatic stress, ethical practice in the field of counseling, and implementation of theory in counseling.
- Ph D, Counselor Education, University of South Dakota, 2017
- MA, Counseling Psychology in Education, University of South Dakota, 2013
- BA, Psychology, Black Hills State University, 2009
- Licensed Addictions Counselor, Board of Addiction and Prevention Professionals
- Licensed Professional Counselor, Counselor and Marraige and Family Therapist Examiners
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions of the faculty member or discipline.
- Brown-Rice, Kathleen, Furr, Susan, and Hardy, Adam. Determining the effectiveness of alcohol education sessions with Greek college students. , 68-83. Vol. 38, Iss. 2 Journal of Addictions & Offender Counseling, 2017. (DOI: 10.1002/jaoc.12031)
- Hardy, Adam A., and Brown-Rice, Kathleen. Violence and Residual Associations Among Native Americans Living on Tribal Lands , 328-343. Vol. 6, Iss. 4 The Professional Counselor, 2016. (DOI: doi:10.15241/ah.6.4.328)