I teach movement science, cardiopulmonary physical therapy, and differential diagnosis and am involved in many other classes in this program. My previous experience includes managing and practicing in rural general clinics throughout northeast Nebraska. I am a rural generalist at heart and love treating all joints and conditions for patients of all ages.
Movement Science, Differential Diagnosis, Cardiopulmonary, Rural General Practice, Business, Musculoskeletal
Psychology/Perceptions of Physical Therapy, Dry Needling, Online Learning, Andragogy
- Ph D, Health Sciences, University of South Dakota, 2021
- DPT, Physical Therapy, University of South Dakota, 2013
- BS, Psychology, University of South Dakota, 2010
- Sound Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (SASTM) certified
- South Dakota Physical Therapy License (#2107), South Dakota Board of Medical & Osteopathic Examiners
- Nebraska Physical Therapy License, Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services (#3259)
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions of the faculty member or discipline.
- Ladwig, Adam. More Research Needed on the Value of Physical Therapy. In APTA Magazine, 7-8. Vol. 15, Iss. 6 The American Physical Therapy Association, 2023.
- Berg-Poppe, Patti, Dewald, Matt, Jordre, Becca, Karges-Brown, Joy, and Ladwig, Adam. Using the SNAPPS model to develop student physical therapist decision making skills during new encounters in the outpatient clinic. In Journal of Clinical Education in Physical Therapy. Vol. 4 (DOI: https://doi.org/10.52214/jcept.v4.8093)
- Ladwig, Adam, Berg-Poppe, Patti, Ikiugu, Moses, and Ness, Brandon B.. Is it convenience? Investigating factors that influence graduate students' preference for method of online lecture participation. Vol. 19, Iss. 2 Distance Learning, 2022.
- Ladwig, Adam, Berg-Poppe, Patti, Ikiugu, Moses, and Ness, Brandon. Andragogy in graduate health programs during the COVID-19 pandemic. Distance Learning, 2021.
- Berg-Poppe, Patti, Karges-Brown, Joy, Ladwig, Adam, and Cross, Patrick. Values that influence employment acceptance among physical therapists practicing in primary care shortage and non-urban designation areas. Rural and Remote Health, 2021. (DOI: https://doi.org/10.22605/RRH6614)
- Jordre, Becca, Schweinle, William, Beacom, Kate, Graphenteen, Vashti, and Ladwig, Adam. The Five Times Sit to Stand Test in Senior Athletes, 47-50. Vol. 36, Iss. 1 VERMILLION: Journal of Geriatric Physical Therapy, 2013. (DOI: 10.1519/JPT.0b013e31826317b5)
- Jordre, Becca, Schweinle, William, and Ladwig, Adam. Fitness Screening for Senior Games Athletes. San Diego, CA: Combined Sections Meeting of the American Physical Therapy Association, 2013.
- Ladwig, Adam, Berg-Poppe, Patti, Ikiugu, Moses, and Ness, Brandon B.. Let teachers decide: The effects of matching and mismatching students' online lecture preference with lecture participation. Applied Cognitive Psychology.
- Berg-Poppe, Patti, Karges, Joy, Ladwig, Adam, and Cross, Patrick. Development and psychometric testing of the Determinants of Employment Acceptance Survey for physical therapists and physical therapist assistants. Journal of Healthcare Management.
- Early Career Teaching Excellence Award (2021), School of Health Sciences, 2021
- Ladwig, Adam, Dry Needling for Relief of Spasticity in Patients with Chronic Stroke: A Systematic Review. Presented at the Combined Sections Meeting, San Antonio, TX. (February 04, 2022)
- Jordre, Becca D., , , , , Schweinle, William E., and Ladwig, Adam, Bone Health in Aging Cyclists. Presented at the American Physical Therapy Association, Academy of Geriatric Physical Therapy, Combined Sections Meeting (February 2021)