I am a Lecturer in the Department of Communication Studies, engaged in the instruction of communication classes. The majority of which are core communication curriculum, including the fundamental speaking course, interpersonal, and rhetorical studies.
My teaching interests include the following communication courses: fundamentals of speech and communication, interpersonal, advanced public address, communication in interviewing, gender and communication, introduction to rhetorical criticism, and leadership.
My academic research interests include: interpersonal and professional identity communication, instructional communication and pedagogy.
- MA, Communication Studies, University of South Dakota, 2005
- BS, Communication Studies, The University of South Dakota, 2002
- Sustainable Rivers: Integrating Earth Science & Sustainability Across the Curriculum, National Science Foundation, (2015 - 2016)
- Friend of Trio, Trio, USD Student Support Services, 2021
- 2019 Melissa Beall Top Panel Award, Basic Course Interest Group/Central States Communication Association, 2019
- Lambda Chi Teaching Award, Instructor of the Year, Lambda Chi, 2019
- Lambda Pi Eta, Rookie Advisor of the Year, National Communication Association, 2017
- 2016 Melissa Beall Top Panel Award, Basic Course Interest Group/ Central States Communication Association, 2016
- Instructor of the Year, College of Arts & Sciences, 2015
- 2015 Melissa Beall Top Panel Award , Central States Communication Association/Basic Course Interest Group, 2015
- 2008 Professor of the Year, USD Greek Swingout Award/ USD Greek Life, 2008