Field Ecology Kenya
I am interested in how the environment influences phenotypes beyond the scope of the genotype. Specifically, I have studied the effects of developmental and current (adult) environment on behavioral and physiological phenotypes.
- Ph D, Behavior and physiology of range expansion, University of South Florida, 2013
- MS, Ecotoxicology of New Orleans post-Katrina, University of New Orleans, 2007
- BS, Psychobiology, Southampton College, 2005
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions of the faculty member or discipline.
- Smith, Luke L., Anderson, Christopher, Withangage, Miyuraj M., Koch, Andrew, Roberts, Thomas T., and Liebl, Andrea. Relationship between gene expression networks and muscle contractile physiology differences in Anolis lizards, 489-499. Vol. 192 Journal of Comparative Physiology B, 2022. (DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s00360-022-01441-w)
- Drown, Rachel R., Liebl, Andrea A., and Anderson, Christopher C.. The functional basis for variable antipredatory behavioral strategies in the chameleon Chamaeleo calyptratus, jeb242955. Vol. 225, Iss. 10 Journal of Experimental Biology, 2022. (DOI: 10.1242/jeb.242955)
- Liebl, Andrea A., Wesner, Jeff, Russell, Andrew A., and Schrey, Aaron A.. Methylation patterns at fledging predict delayed dispersal in a cooperatively breeding bird. Vol. 16, Iss. 6 PLOS ONE, 2021. (DOI: https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0252227)
- Cones, Alexandria, Liebl, Andrea, Housley, Thomas, and Russell, Andrew A.. Temperature-mediated plasticity in incubation schedules is unlikely to evolve independently of mean levels in a seasonal songbird. Journal of Evolutionary Biology, 2021.
- Anderson, Christopher C., and Liebl, Andrea A.. Micrurus alleni (Allen's Coralsnake). Diet, 162-163. Vol. 50, Iss. 1 Herpetological Review, 2019.
- Dreyer, Jena, and Liebl, Andrea. The human breastmilk microbiome and its contributions to obesity. Human Microbiome Journal, 2018.
- Capp, Elliot, Liebl, Andrea, Cones, Alex A., and Russell, Andrew A.. Advancing breeding phenology does not affect incubation schedules in chestnut-crowned babblers: opposing effects of temperature and wind, 696-705. Vol. 8, Iss. 1 Ecology and Evolution, 2018.
- Ragsdale, Alex A., Frederick, B B., Dukes, D D., Liebl, Andrea, Ashton, K K., McCoy, Earl E., Mushinsky, Henry H., and Schrey, Aaron A.. Fire increases genetic diversity of populations of Six-lined Racerunner, 654-659. Vol. 107, Iss. 7 Journal of Heredity, 2016.
- Professor of the Year, Student Government Association, 2022
- Belbas Larson Nomination, 2022
- Belbas Larson Award, Nomination, 2020
- Liebl, Andrea, Causes and consequences of variation in developmental stress physiology. Presented at the Experimental Biology, Orlando, FL. (April 07, 2019)
- Smith, Luke, Harishchandra, Miyuraj, Anderson, Christopher V., Zeng, Erliang, Roberts, Thomas, and Liebl, Andrea, Whole transcriptome gene expression and how it relates to muscle performance in Anolis lizards. Presented at the Experimental Biology, Orlando, FL. (April 05, 2019)
- Liebl, Andrea, Should I stay or should I go: the molecular mechanisms of dispersal and cooperative behavior., Tampa, FL. (February 11, 2019)