Digital accessibility coordinator and digital accessibility specialist for the USD Center for Teaching and Learning. Co-chair the USD Digital Accessibility Committee and represent USD on the SDBOR AAC accessibility taskforce.
Teaching interests include universal design for learning, online course design, digital accessibility in online courses, and increasing student engagement and retention in online courses.
Research interests include approaches to digital accessibility in higher education and online education for adult learners.
- EDD, Educational Leadership, University of South Dakota, 2023
- MA, Seminary, Bethel University, 2020
- MS, School of Education, University of South Dakota, 2006
- BS, Information Technology, Capella University, 2004
- Certified Professional in Accessibility Core Competencies, International Association of Accessibility Professionals
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions of the faculty member or discipline.
- Kelley, Bruce, Jackson, Angela, Jerke, Darin, and Mosterd, Eric. Reach Everyone, Teach Everyone: Universal Design for Learning in Higher Education. In Embrace One Mind-Set: Campuswide UDL., editors Tobin, T.J. & Behling, K.. Morgantown, WV: West Virginia University Press, 2018.
- Mosterd, Eric, and Jackson, Angela, Data- and Evidence-Based Online Course Quality Assurance. Presented at the 2019 EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, Chicago, IL. (October 15, 2019)
- Jackson, Angela, and Beller, Shannon, Four Things to Consider in Response to an "OCR Letter". Presented at the Distance Teaching and Learning Annual Conference, Madison, WI. (August 2019)
- Jackson, Angela, and Beller, Shannon, Supporting learning experiences: Best practices in design. Presented at the Distance Teaching and Learning Annual Conference, Madison, WI. (August 2019)
- Jackson, Angela K., Gilbert, M., and Clark, L., Managing Compliance from Buy-in to Systems and Tools. Presented at the WCET-WICHE Coooperative for Educational Technologies 29th Annual Meeting, Denver, CO. (October 2017)
- Jackson, Angela, Tobin, Thomas J., Scott, Scott, and Lessman, A, Voices for Accessibility. Presented at the Distance Teaching and Learning Conference, Madison, WI. (August 2017)
- Jackson, Angela, Kelley, Bruce, Los, Ryan, and Jerke, Darin, Developers' Response to the Redefined ADA: Leading from the Middle. Presented at the Professional and Organizational Development (POD) Conference, Louisville, KY. (January 2016)