Dr. Darin Wadley is the Director of Percussion Studies and Associate Professor of Music at The University of South Dakota. Dr. Wadley maintains a full studio of university students in Applied Percussion, teaches Percussion Methods, Percussion Pedagogy, Music Theory, Aural Skills, and Music Cultures. He also directs the USD Percussion Ensemble, Caribbean Coyotes Steel Band, and The Sound of USD Drumline. An active performer, Darin is principal timpanist with the Sioux City Symphony Orchestra and performs regularly with other regional orchestras as both timpanist and percussionist. He has also held professional engagements with the Tony® Award winning Utah Shakespearean Festival, Tucson Symphony Orchestra, Arizona Opera, and the Nevada Symphony Orchestra. Darin is a Grover Pro Percussion Artist. He holds a Doctor of Musical Arts in percussion performance from The University of Arizona. He also holds a Master of Music from the University of Nevada-Las Vegas and a Bachelor of Music from Northern Illinois University, both in percussion performance.
Percussion, Music Theory, World Music
New Music, Drumset
- Other, Percussion Performance, The University of Arizona, 1998
- Other, Percussion Performance, University of Nevada Las Vegas, 1994
- Other, Percussion Performance, Northern Illinois University, 1992
- Omaha Under the Radar Festival, Omaha Under the Radar, (2016 - 2016)
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions of the faculty member or discipline.
- Lombardi, Paul, Víquez, Luis, Price, Katherine, Wadley, Darin, Kraus, Sonja, and Cranson, Todd. Pieces for Clarinet and Other Instruments. Clarence, NY: Mark Records, 2022.
- Lombardi, Paul, Víquez, Luis, and Wadley, Darin. Unwoven., Editors Travis Garrison. Vol. 35 Society of Composer, Inc. CD Series.
- Wadley, Darin, Finding Flow in the Music Classroom. Presented at the College Music Society Central Region Conference, Omaha, NE. (March 05, 2022)
- Wadley, Darin, Stop Speaking for Solo Snare Drum and Playback by Andy Akiho. Presented at the College Music Society Central Region Conference, Omaha, NE. (March 05, 2022)