Mr. Mosterd is the Assistant Director of the Center for Teaching & Learning, the Coordinator of eLearning Design and Delivery for Continuing and Distance Education, and the TechFellows Program Manager at the University of South Dakota. He also serves as the Regents Fellow for e-Education Initiatives with the South Dakota Board of Regents.
Mr. Mosterd is an adjunct instructor for the Department of Music at USD, where he teaches Western music history and jazz history. He has also taught in the areas of instructional design, distance education, web design and development, and robotics.
Mr. Mosterd is an active researcher, specializing in the use of technology in instructional settings, especially in music. He has developed a number of interactive music tools and games, aimed at remedying specific pedagogical issues, which have had a measurable impact on student success in his courses.
- MM, Musicology, The University of South Dakota, 2004
- MA, Computer Science, The University of South Dakota, 2001
- BA, Computer Science & German, The University of South Dakota, 1999
- Learning Technology Leadership Program, EDUCAUSE Institute
- LERN Project Management Certification, LERN
- Quality Assurance Certified Reviewer and Trainer, QualityMatters
- FranklinCovey Project Management Certification, FranklinCovey
- Course Management System Administration Certification, WebCT
- Interactive Music Tool Development, Department of Music / Center for Teaching & Learning, (2007 - 2007)
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions of the faculty member or discipline.
- Kelley, Bruce, Jackson, Angela, Jerke, Darin, and Mosterd, Eric. Reach Everyone, Teach Everyone: Universal Design for Learning in Higher Education. In Embrace One Mind-Set: Campuswide UDL., editors Tobin, T.J. & Behling, K.. Morgantown, WV: West Virginia University Press, 2018.
- Mosterd, Eric. Using Interactivity to Improve Online Music Pedagogy for Undergraduate Non-Majors. In Pedagogy Development for Teaching Online Music, editors Johnson, Carol and Virginia Christy Lamothe. Hershey, Pennsylvania: IGI Global, 2018. (DOI: 10.4018/978-1-5225-5109-6)
- Mosterd, Eric, and Jerke, Darin. "Creating an Online Presence for Hybrid Support". In New Directions in Online Learning, editors Kathryn Linder. Vol. 149 San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass, 2017.
- Mosterd, Eric. "Run-DMC". In The 100 Greatest Bands of All Time, editors David V. Moskowitz, 564-571. California: ABC-CLIO, 2015.
- Mosterd, Eric. "Sly and the Family Stone". In The 100 Greatest Bands of All Time, editors David V. Moskowitz, 603-611. California: ABC-CLIO, 2015.
- Mosterd, Eric. "Interactive media streaming.". In Patent Application (U.S. Patent 8,745,259), editors Deinhard, Jan, Tobias Lensing, and Paul Kellett..
- Mosterd, Eric. "Alternative Design Goals for a General Music Markup Language.". In Interactive Multimedia Music Technologies, 141-142. Hershey, PA: Idea Group International, 2007.
- Mosterd, Eric, and Jackson, Angela, Data- and Evidence-Based Online Course Quality Assurance. Presented at the 2019 EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, Chicago, IL. (October 15, 2019)
- Mosterd, Eric, USD & D2L: Successes and Challenges of Implementing a New LMS in Nine Months. Presented at the EDUCAUSE Annual Conference, Orlando, FL. (October 2008)
- Mosterd, Eric, Incorporating PDAs into the Music Curriculum: Uses in Pedagogy, Practice, and Performance. Presented at the EDUCAUSE Midwest Regional Conference, Chicago, IL. (July 2005)