Jonelle grew up in eastern Iowa as the youngest of six children. For the past 20 years, she worked as a Physical Therapist Assistant in Long-Term Care and Out-patient facilities. Jonelle likes to cook, golf and visit family back in Iowa. She moved to Vermillion in 2006 with her husband Michael Hook who is an Associate Professor in the Department of Art at The University of South Dakota.
Jonelle is passionate about sharing her experiences with future healthcare professionals.
- MA, Adult and Higher Education, University of South Dakota, 2013
- Other, Physical Therapist Assistant, Linn State Technical College, 1998
- BS, Physical Education, University of Iowa, 1984
- Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant, Fyzical
- Course Design Fellowship, Center for Teaching and Learning, 2018
- James Flevares Memorial Scholarship, 2013