Jonelle grew up in eastern Iowa as the youngest of six children. For the past 20 years, she worked as a Physical Therapist Assistant in Long-Term Care and Out-patient facilities. Jonelle likes to cook, golf and visit family back in Iowa. She moved to Vermillion in 2006 with her husband Michael Hook who is a Full Professor in the Department of Art at The University of South Dakota.
Jonelle is passionate about sharing her experiences with future healthcare professionals.
- MA, Adult and Higher Education, University of South Dakota, 2013
- Associate of Applied Science, Physical Therapist Assistant, Linn State Technical College, 1998
- BS, Physical Education, University of Iowa, 1984
- Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant, Fyzical
- Course Design Fellowship, Center for Teaching and Learning, 2018
- James Flevares Memorial Scholarship, 2013