Driven and energetic with recognized experience in teaching, planning, implementing, evaluating, and coordinating projects in health, wellness, fitness, and higher education. Proven ability to multitask, lead and collaborate with others, and teach online.
Health, Wellness, Exercise and Sport Psychology, Fitness, Sport/Athletics, Education
Health education and promotion, wellness, stress, mental performance, mindfulness, and leadership
- MS, Health Education and Promotion, Kent State University, 2006
- BS, Health Education (K-12), Ashland University, 2004
- Certified Health Education Specialist, National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc.
- Certified Intrinsic Health and Wellness Coach, Totally Coached, Inc.
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions of the faculty member or discipline.
- Pickett, Andrew, Ammon, Robin, Kruger, Laura, Yang, Hyung Suk, Cota, Andrea, Brown, K K., and Damon, Z Z.. Higher Education in a Pandemic: An Exploratory Study of Student Disparities and Faculty Strategies for Promoting Student Success during COVID-19, 1-15. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF KINESIOLOGY IN HIGHER EDUCATION, 2022. (DOI: 10.1080/24711616.2022.2115956)
- "Pie the Professor", Student Athlete Advisory Committee, 2022
- "Professor of the Game", Academic Affairs, 2022
- School of Education "Excellence in Teaching" award finalist, School of Education, 2021
- Belbas-Larson Award for Excellence in Teaching finalist, University of South Dakota, 2021
- Lambda Chi Teaching Award, Lambda Chi; University of South Dakota, 2020
- "Community Service Organization of the Year" award finalist, University of South Dakota Student Services: Young Professionals of Exercise and Sport, 2019
- "Excellence in Teaching" , School of Education, 2019
- "Outstanding Advisor of the Year" award finalist, University of South Dakota Student Services: Young Professionals of Exercise and Sport, 2019
- Teaching in Excellence Nomination, University of South Dakota, 2017
- Ashland University Alumni SOAR Vocation Exploration , Ashland University, 2015
- Building Healthy Academic Communities, Ohio Statehouse, 2014
- Leadership Development Academy , Ashland University, 2010
- Masters Student Leadership and Service Award, Kent State University, 2006
- Pickett, Andrew, Ammon, Robin, Brown, K M., Kruger, Laura, and Damon, Z J., Sport management education in a pandemic: Student disparities and faculty strategies for promoting student success during COVID-19. Presented at the North American Society for Sport Management Conference, Virtual. (January 2021)