Lisa Feller, Academic Director, has a wide range of experience in nursing education and has held multiple leadership positions in acute care and public health. She is a Certified Nurse Educator through the National League for Nursing and has been directly involved in program endeavors involving curricular design and implementation of simulation. Lisa has also been involved in national nursing initiatives including the Robert Wood Johnson Quality and Safety Education for Nurses project.
Nursing, Leadership, Adult Health, Simulation
Simulation, Quality and Safety in Healthcare
- EDD, Adult & Higher Education, University of South Dakota , 2014
- MS, Nursing Administration, Clinical Nurse Specialist, South Dakota State University, 1994
- BS, Nursing, Morningside College, 1986
- Basic Life Support, American Heart Association
- Registered Nurse, South Dakota Board of Nursing
- Certified Nurse Educator, National League for Nursing
- Student Scholarships for attendance at International Rural Nursing Conference, John T. Vucurevich Association, (2016 - 2017)
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions of the faculty member or discipline.
- Brown, Robin, Feller, Lisa, and Benedict, Linda. Reframing nursing education: the Quality and Safety Education for Nurse initiative.. In Teaching and Learning in Nursing Journal, 115-118. Vol. 5, Iss. 3 Teaching and Learning in Nursing, 2010.
- Feller, Lisa, Benedict, Linda, and Brown, Robin. Two South Dakota Schools of Nursing Involved in National Quality and Safety Initiative: Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN), 13. Vol. 51, Iss. 3 Sioux Falls, SD: South Dakota Nurse, 2009.
- Ray, Annette, Hunsley, Amy, Koenecke, Lori, and Feller, Lisa. Low-fidelity simulation: Care of the post-CABG patient. QSEN.org.
- Feller, Lisa, Hunsley, Amy, Ray, Annette, and Lucia, Schliessmann S.. Rural South Dakota: The power of education and care delivery partnership., Editors Susan G. Slater, 40-43. Vol. 18, Iss. 1 Thousands Oaks, California: Home Healthcare Management and Practice, 2005.
- Larson, June, Benedict, Linda, Brown, Robin, and Feller, Lisa. The Journey of Excellence: A South Dakota Nursing Program's Response to Community Needs. , 20-26. Vol. 18, Iss. 1 Home Healthcare Management & Practice, 2005.
- Feller, Lisa, Fisher, M., and Larson, June. Nursing Students' Professional Value Development: Can We Do Better? (2018).
- Excellence in Service, Department of Nursing , 2021
- Excellence in Scholarship , USD Department of Nursing, 2014
- Morningside College Nursing Alumna of the Year, Morningside College Department of Nursing, 2010
- Feller, Lisa, Prairie Futures: Impacting Rural Nursing Workforce Needs Through Public and Private Partnership. Presented at the International Rural Nursing Conference, Rapid City, South Dakota. (July 20, 2016)
- Feller, Lisa, Impact of Nursing Program Type and Delivery Method on Student Value Development. Presented at the Frontiers of Nursing Innovation, Visioning the Healthcare Landscape, Sioux Falls, SD. (October 02, 2015)
- Feller, Lisa, Prairie Futures: An Innovative Rural Healthcare Workforce and Economic Development Partnership. Presented at the National Rural Healthcare Association Annual Conference, Louisville, Kentucky. (May 09, 2013)
- Feller, Lisa, and Magorian, Kathy, Upfront and Measureable: Using QSEN Competencies as a Framework for an Undergraduate Nursing Curriculum. Presented at the 2010 QSEN National Forum, Denver, Colorado. (June 03, 2010)
- Feller, Lisa, The Quality and Safety Education for Nurses Initiative: Reshaping Professional Identity Formation. Presented at the 2010 Maud Adams Research Day, Sioux City, Iowa. (April 14, 2010)
- Feller, Lisa, Quality and Safety Education for Nurses. Presented at the South Dakota Nurses Association Convention: Rejuvenate, Renew, and Rejoice...Nurturing the Nurse Within, Sioux Falls, South Dakota. (October 2009)
- Feller, Lisa, Clinical Toolkits: A Powerful Resource for Clinical Faculty. Presented at the 21st Annual conference for Teachers of Nursing Practice - Quality and Safety in Nursing Education: What Every Nurse Must Know and How We Might Teach Them, Madison, Wisconsin. (January 2009)
- Feller, Lisa, What?...Give Up Lecture?...Surely You Jest!. Presented at the Nurse Educator Summit, Phoenix, Arizona. (September 2007)