My clinical experience includes inpatient/outpatient rehabilitation, home healthcare, skilled nursing, and rural healthcare. I am a Certified Lymphedema Therapist, certified through the Lymphology Association of North America and a certified CarFit Event Coordinator.
I teach course content related to the philosophical and theoretical foundation of occupational therapy, neurology of occupation, preparatory methods and physical agent modalities, physical health conditions, and environmental influences.
My scholarship interests include occupation-based intervention and quality of life with lymphedema, occupational therapy's distinct role in multidisciplinary interventions, and student learning and professional development.
- Other, Occupational Therapy, Creighton University, 2012
- BS, Health Sciences, Creighton University, 2012
- Licensed Occupational Therapist, South Dakota Board of Medical and Osteopathic Examiners
- Certified Event Coordinator, CarFit
- Certified Lymphedema Therapist, Lymphology Association of North America
- Licensed Occupational Therapist, State of Iowa
- Board Certified Occupational Therapist, National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy
- Health Affairs Medical Informatics Committee Technology Grant: Visible Body Courseware, Health Affairs Medical Informatics Committee, (2021 - 2022)
- Health Utilization and Needs of Caregivers, USD School of Health Sciences Research Committee, (2021 - 2022)
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions of the faculty member or discipline.
- Ikiugu, Moses, Feldhacker, Mackenzie, Schneider, Jenae, and Wangberg, Rebecca. Mental health and well-being of informal caregivers for adults with traumatic brain injury: A meta-analysis. Thorofare, New Jersey: Annals of International Occupational Therapy, 2021.
- Lohman, Helene , Coppard, Brenda B., and Raber, Mackenzie. Orthotic Intervention for Nerve Injuries. In Introduction to Orthotics: A Clinical Reasoning & Problem-Solving Approach, 293-323. Iss. Fourth Edition St. Louis, MO: Elsevier Mosby, 2015.
- Feldhacker, Mackenzie, and Kamphoff, Keri. Occupational therapists addressing quality of life issues for clients with lymphedema. OTJR: Occupation, Participation, & Health.
- Early Career Teaching Excellence Award for Commitment to Student-Centered Learning, USD School of Health Sciences, 2020
- Feldhacker, Mackenzie, Active Learning and Occupational Therapy Theory: A Mixed Methods Study of a Course Redesign. Presented at the AOTA Inspire 2022, San Antonio, Texas. (April 01, 2022)