Michelle Rogge Gannon is an instructor in the English Department, the director of the USD Writing Center, and the director of the Dakota Writing Project, a teachers' organization.
Writing and literature
Digital writing; creative writing
- MA, English, University of South Dakota, 1994
- BA, English, University of South Dakota, 1983
- Dakota Writing Project 2011 Identity Institute, Holocaust Educators Network, (2011 - 2011)
- NWP Title II Seed Grant Program Online Learning Experiences 2012-‐13 Digital Writing Sandbox: Exploring Technologies for Any Classroom, Dakota Writing Project / National Writing Project, (2013 - 2014)
- 2012-13 Teacher Leadership Development Grant: Dakota Writing Project 2013 Invitational Summer Institute, Dakota Writing Project / National Writing Project, (2013 - 2013)
- Dakota Writing Project 2011-12 Continued Funding Application, National Writing Project, (2011 - Present)
- NWP 2010 Continued Funding Application, National Writing Project, (2010 - Present)
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions of the faculty member or discipline.
- Gannon, Michelle. A Sewing Machine for a Kiss. In South Dakota Women: Impact, Action, and Voice, editors Christine Stewart-Nunez. Brookings, SD: South Dakota Agricultural Heritage Museum, 2015.
- High Plains Writers 5th Annual Juried Poetry Competition, High Plains Writers, 2006
- South Dakota Board of Regents Faculty Recognition Awards , South Dakota Board of Regents, 2003
- Gannon, Michelle, Digital Writing and the Common Core. Presented at the National Writing Project Annual Meeting, Las Vegas, Nevada. (November 15, 2012)
- Gannon, Michelle, NWP Connect Community Builders Meeting. Presented at the NWP 2011 Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL. (November 17, 2011)