Drake is the Chair of the Department of Dental Hygiene. Drake has been in education since 2014 and has an impressive record of teaching, leadership roles, and research.
Drake has experience in teaching Dental Anatomy, Embryology & Histology; Local Anesthesia and Pain Management; Cariology; Nutrition; Clinical Courses; and, Research Methods. She currently teaches the following courses for the Department of Dental Hygiene:
DHYG 321 Dental Materials I/L
DHYG 310 Pharmacology
DHYG 351 Nitrous Oxide & Oxygen Sedation/L
DHYG 396 Dental Practice Management and Field Experience
DHYG 422 Dental Materials II/L
Product/Device Evaluation: Determining the scientific efficacy of various dental products/devices.
Curriculum Development: Assess the effectiveness and impact of writing interventions on faculty development and student learning.
Online Delivery: Comparing educational outcomes of online delivery methods and traditional educational methods.
- MS, Dental Hygiene Education, University of Minnesota, 2016
- BS, Dental Hygiene, Minnesota State Univerity, Mankato, 2013
- Associate of Arts, Liberal Arts, Minnesota State University, Mankato, 2007
- Dental Hygiene License, State of South Dakota Board of Dentistry
- Certified Clinical Research Associate, SOCRA
- Dental Hygiene License, State of Wisconsin Board of Dentistry
- Dental Hygiene License, State of Minnesota Board of Dentistry
- Local Anesthetic
- Nitrous Oxide/Oxygen Sedation
- Restorative Functions Certification
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions of the faculty member or discipline.
- Hormann, Jill, Blue, Christine, Petersen, Ashley, and Drake, Miranda. Psychological effects of sharps injuries on students, staff, and faculty at the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry., 52-58. Vol. 95, Iss. 3 Journal of Dental Hygiene, 2021.
- Drake, Miranda, and Blue, Christine. Chapter 5: Clinical Oral Structures, Dental Anatomy, and Root Morphology. In Darby's Comprehensive Review of Dental Hygiene, 136-158. Iss. 9 St. Louis, MO: Elsevier, 2021.
- Drake, Miranda, Lunos, and Blue, Christine. Efficacy of a prototype solution to facilitate the removal of supragingival dental calculus: a proof of concept study., 25-32. Vol. 94, Iss. 6 Journal of Dental Hygiene, 2020.
- Vo, Anna, Arnett, Michelle, Drake, Miranda, and Reibel, Yvette. Supporting the transgender community, 40-43. Vol. 18, Iss. 8 Dimensions of Dental Hygiene, 2020.
- Koerber, Kelly, Reibel, Yvette, Drake, Miranda, and Arnett. Successful management of adult patients with cerebral palsy: personalized education and treatment are critical to effective dental hygiene care, 38-41. Vol. 18, Iss. 4 Dimensions of Dental Hygiene, 2020.
- Drake, Miranda, Lenton, Patricia, and Lunos, Scott. A randomized clinical trial on the efficacy of a new oxalate- containing sensitivity relief strip following professional vs. self-application, e79-e87. Vol. 16, Iss. 2 International Journal of Dental Hygiene, 2017. (DOI: 10.1111/idh.12317)
- Didactic Instructor of the Year, Class of 2018 University of Minnesota, 2018
- Didactic Instructor of the Year, Class of 2019 University of Minnesota, 2018
- Clinical Instructor of the Year, Class of 2017 University of Minnesota, 2016