1) Medical Biochemistry and Genetics 2) Undergraduate Biochemistry
1) Medical Education 2) Biochemistry Education 3) Neuronal Injury- Stroke, TBI and PTSD
- Ph D, Department of Zoology, University of Toronto, 1997
- BS, Division of Life Sciences, University of Toronto, 1989
- Neural Mechanisms Linking Mild Traumatic Brain Injury and Anxiety States in an Animal Model, Department of Defense Concept Award PT090761, (2010 - 2012)
- Effects of Mild Traumatic Brain Injury on Stress Sensitivity in an Animal Model, South Dakota Board of Regents Competitive Research Grant Program, (2009 - 2010)
- The Role of SynGAP in the Modulation of Traumatic Neuronal Injury In Vitro", South Dakota Spinal Cord/Traumatic Brain Injury Research Grant, (2008 - 2009)
- Role of SynGAP in regulating NMDA receptor-mediated neuronal excitotoxicity, COBRE Pilot Grant , (2008 - 2009)
- Subproject B, "Synaptic Localization of NMDA Receptor Subunits in a PCP Model of Schizophrenia., COBRE, (2005 - 2010)
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions of the faculty member or discipline.
- Davies, D D., Olson, D, Meyer, D D., Scholl, J J., Watt, Michael, Manzerra, Pasquale, Renner, Kenneth, and Forster, Gina. Mild traumatic brain injury with social defeat stress alters anxiety, contextual fear extinction, and limbic monoamines in adult rats., 71. Vol. 10 Frontiers in Behavioral Neuroscience, 2016. (DOI: 10.3389/fnbeh.2016.00071)
- Paulson, Alicia, Prasad, Maneeshi M., Henke-Thuringer, Amanda A., and Manzerra, Pasquale. Transcriptional regulation of cadherins in neural development. Vol. 8, Iss. 1 Austin, TX: Cell Adhesion and Migration, 2014.
- Meyer, Danielle, Davies, Daniel, Barr, Jeffrey, Manzerra, Pasquale, and Forster, Gina. Mild Traumatic Brain Injury in the Rat Alters Neuronal Number in the Limbic System and Increases Conditioned Fear and Anxiety-like Behaviors., 574-87. Vol. 235 Experimental Neurology, 2012.
- Carlisle, H. H., Manzerra, Pasquale, Marcora, E., and Kennedy, M. M.. SynGAP regulates steady-state activity-dependent phosphorylation of cofilin., 13673-13683. Vol. 28 J. Neurosci. , 2008.
- Oh, J., Manzerra, Pasquale, and Kennedy, M. M.. Regulation of the neuron-specific ras GTPase-activating protein, syngap, by Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II. , 17980-17988. Vol. 279 JBC, 2004.
- Basic Science Faculty Award, USD Medical Students Association, 2015
- Class of 1958 Basic Science Faculty Award, SSOM Alumni Relations Council, 2014
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship, Province of Ontario, Canada, 1993
- University of Toronto Open Fellowship, University of Toronto, 1992
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship, Province of Ontario, Canada, 1991
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship, Province of Ontario, Canada, 1990
- University of Toronto Open Fellowship, University of Toronto, 1989
- Belsass, Kristin, Brech, Alexander, Draine, Jillian, Endres, Emily, Lansman, Luke, Meyer, Taylor, Pekas, Nicholas, Riswold, Kayla, Staum, Benjamin, Storm, Emily, Logue, Cathy, and Manzerra, Pasquale, Incorporating Peer Mentoring into a Shortened Preclinical Curriculum. Presented at the AAMC CGSA/COSR Regional Meeting, Rochester, MN. (April 2017)
- Manzerra, Pasquale, Integrating Biochemistry into a multi-disciplined course: Do students get lost in translation.. Presented at the The 5th International Association of Biochemistry Educators Conference, Santa Fe. (May 04, 2015)
- Bird, Daniel, Das, Manas, Eyster, Kathleen, Inglis, Stuart , Kost, Curtis, Manzerra, Pasquale, Martin, Douglas, Percy, William, Schlenker, Evelyn, and Waller, Steve, Rethinking Remediation: Raising expectations to cast a wider net.. Presented at the CGEA 2015 Spring Meeting (April 2015)
- Olson, D. M., Meyer, D. L., Scholl, J. L., Watt, Michael, Manzerra, Pasquale, Renner, Kenneth, and Forster, Gina, Effects of Mild Traumatic Brain Injury and Psychosocial Stress on Limbic Monoamines and Anxiety-like Behaviors.. Presented at the Society for Neuroscience Meeting, New Orleans, LA. (October 2012)
- Meyer, D. L., Davies, D., Barr, J. L., Manzerra, Pasquale, and Forster, G. L., Neuronal loss within the limbic system in a rat model of closed mild traumatic brain injury. Presented at the Society for Neuroscience Meeting, San Diego, CA. (November 2010)
- Manzerra, Pasquale, Synaptic Ras GTPase activating protein (SynGAP) regulates N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor (NMDAR)-mediated excitotoxicity via P38 MAPK activation.. Presented at the Research Frontiers in Brain Functioning and Disorders., Ponca, NE. (September 25, 2009)