Before coming to USD in 2011, I taught Spanish and French in Beresford, SD. In 2000 and 2008, I was a mentor in USD's PDC program. In 2000, I completed my masters in curriculum and instruction. In 2008, I completed my preK-12 admin. degree and doctoral coursework in curriculum and instruction.
Early years of teaching
Building positive teacher/student relationships that promote academic achievement.
Danielson Model of evaluation
- EDD, Secondary Education, University of South Dakota, 2014
- Other, Administration, The University of South Dakota, 2008
- MA, Curriculum and Instruction, The University of South Dakota, 2001
- BA, French, South Dakota State University, 1990
- k-12 administration
- K-12 French Teacher
- k-12 Spanish Teacher
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions of the faculty member or discipline.
- Suzanne, Kaback, and Wiebers, Robin. School Context Factors That Support Beginning Teacher Effectiveness. In Network for Excellence in Teaching.
- Kindle, Karen, Shudak, Nicholas, Wiebers, Robin, Campoli, Ayana, Baron, Mark, and EastonBrooks, Donald. Teacher Residency in South Dakota, 1-17. Vermillion, SD: University of South Dakota: Center for Educational Research, 2016.
- Shudak, Nicholas, and Wiebers, Robin. The Professional Development Center as a Collaborative Apprenticeship. In University Partnerships for Preservice and Teacher Development, editors Blessinger, P. and Carfora, B. . Vol. 10 Emerald Group Publishing.
- Kindle, Karen, and Wiebers, Robin, Developing the Mentoring Minsdet. Presented at the National Center for Teacher Residencies Symposium, Chicago, IL. (May 17, 2018)
- Kindle, Karen, and Wiebers, Robin, Developing the Mentoring Mindset. Presented at the NCTR Annual Symposium, Chicago, IL. (May 2018)
- Wiebers, Robin M., and Kindle, Karen J., The Induction and Mentoring of Mentors: Training Educators as Coaches of Pre-Service Teachers. Presented at the AACTE Annual Meeting, Baltimore, Maryland. (March 02, 2018)