Steve Feimer completed his Bachelor of Science in criminal justice from the University South Dakota in 1970 and his doctorate in Public Administration from the University of Oklahoma in 1986. Prior to joining USD's faculty, Dr. Feimer worked in law enforcement as a deputy sheriff, police officer, police trainer, and police administrator. After a 12 year career in law enforcement Dr. Feimer served as the executive director of the Tax Research Conference in Sioux City, Iowa before coming to USD in 1986.
Teaching interests, White Collar Crime, Criminal Profiling, Environmental Law, Policing in America, International Policing, and Research Methods
Sex offender management, police administration, remote sensing using GPR, cold case investigations.
- Other, Public Administration, University of Michigan/University of South Dakota, 1982
- BS, Criminal Justice/Education, University of South Dakota, 1971
- Other, Public Administration, University of Oklahoma
- Crime Analysis Applications Training, Des Moines Police Department, Des Moines, Iowa
Citations listed below are presented in a standardized, modified format for display purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the preferred style and conventions of the faculty member or discipline.
- Feimer, Steve. Prisoner of War. In *th Air Force Historical Society Magazine, editors Debra Kujawa. VERMILLION: 8th Air Force Historical Society, 2015.
- Feimer, Steve S.. Vietnam Veterans: Still Coming Home -Colonel "Bud" Day Edition. In Book, 60. Vol. 1 San Francisco, CA: Blurb Publishing, 2013.
- Bucklin, Steven, Feimer, Steve, and . Vietnam Vets: Still Coming Home.
- Anderson, William, Feimer, Steve, and McKeown, Sandy. An Evaluation of Federal Probation and Pretrial Services' Moral Reconation (MRT) Therapy Program. South Dakota Government Research Bureau, 2010.
- Feimer, Steve. Conducting the People's Business: Issues, Dilemmas, and Opportunities. Des Moines, Iowa: Millennium MPH Press, 2008.
- Feimer, Steve, and Grant, C. Street Gangs in Indian County: A Clash of Cultures. In Journal of Gang Research . Vol. 14, Iss. 4
- Feimer, Steve, and Traut, C. Hanging On or Fading Out? Job Satisfaction and the Long-Term Worker. In Journal of Public Personnel Management, 343-351. Vol. 29, Iss. 3
- Feimer, Steve, and Traut, C. Law Enforcement Recruit Training at the State Level: An Evaluation. In Police Quarterly.
- Feimer, Steve, McBride, R R., and Goodman, D D.. Simulation of a State Prison Population. In Proceedings of the 1995 ACM Symposium on Applied Computing, 427-430. ACM Press, 1995.
- Feimer, Steve, Pommersheim, F, and Wise, S. Does Race Make a Difference? A Study of Disparate Sentencing in South Dakota. In Journal of Crime and Justice.
- Feimer, Steve, and Hutton, C. I Fought the Law and the Law Won: A Report on Women and Disparate Sentencing in South Dakota. In The New England Journal on Civil and Criminal Confinement.
- Feimer, Steve. Spending Public Money: Tax Opportunities for Improving Public Finance. In Tax Research Conference.
- Feimer, Steve. Combining Offices of the City and County Assessors. In Tax Research Conference.
- Feimer, Steve, and Hebert, T. Public Attitudes, Administrative Attitudes and Policy Implementation: Do We Have a Will to Fight Drunk Driving?. In Southwestern Social Science Association.
- Key Note Speaker, Disabled Veterans of America, 2016
- Research and Service Award, 8th Air Force Historical Society, 2014
- Teacher of the Year, Department of Political Science, 1998
- Feimer, Steve H., Behind the Wire: Prisoners of War. Presented at the 8th Air Force Reunion, Nashville, TN. (October 09, 2014)
- Feimer, Steve H., Presented at the SDPB, Vermillion, South Dakota. (September 2004)
- Card, Michael, and Feimer, Steve, Rehabilitation Revisited: A Report of the Post Release Employment related Activities of the Parolees and Releasees of the Springfield Correctional Facility. Presented at the Executive Team of the Department of Corrections, State of South Dakota. (January 1992)