We'll help you achieve your goals.
You know you're ready for the challenges of academic life - and we know you are, too. But we also know that academic life can be stressful. That's why TRiO Student Support Services is here to help. Our programs supplement your capabilities, making you more confident in yourself, your studies and your future.
- Individualized academic guidance
- Personalized financial, career and social support to ease transitions through college
- Free tutoring in a variety of courses
- Career and postgraduate planning
These services prepare you for success not only as a USD student, but also as a graduate.
Because our program is funded by the U.S. Department of Education, students must meet certain eligibility requirements. To participate, a student must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Taxable income (not annual or adjusted gross income) meets the federal low income eligibility guidelines
- Be a first-generation college student, meaning neither parent has a four-year college degree
- Have a documented disability
Each participant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in classes at the Vermillion campus
- Be a citizen or national of the U.S., or meet the residency requirements for federal student financial assistance
- Demonstrate an academic need. This need will be assessed on an individual basis and may include an evaluation of college GPA, admission requirements for one's degree program, high school grades, ACT scores, and/or English proficiency.
Build lasting relationships, connect with your community and realize how your strengths can take you to great places through our TRiO Scholars Learning Community.