USD Law Hosts Symposium on Legal Issues Surrounding Sturgis Motorcycle Rally
Each year, more than 500,000 cyclists travel to Sturgis, South Dakota, a town with a population of around 6,800, to participate in rally festivities. Speakers from around the country and South Dakota will highlight the legal issues impacting Sturgis and communities where motorcycle rallies are held.
- Andy Bain - Director of Criminal Justice Studies, University of Mount Union, Ohio
- Jason M. Sneed - Sneed Intellectual Property Legal Services - Charlotte, North Carolina
- Brendan Johnson - Robins Kaplan LLP, former United States Attorney - Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- Travis N. Barrick - Gallian Welker & Beckstrom, L.C. - Las Vegas, Nevada
- Lara Roetzel - Pennington County Deputy State’s Attorney - Rapid City, South Dakota
- Hollie Strand - Computer Forensic Examiner ICAC - Rapid City, South Dakota
- Tifanie Petro - Forensic Interviewer/ Education Awareness Specialist - Rapid City, South Dakota
- Peter Jerzak, Lt. Col., Director of Military Support, U.S. Army National Guard - Rapid City, South Dakota
The event will be hosted at the USD School of Law. The symposium satisfies CLE requirements in certain states. Iowa and Minnesota have been approved for five CLE credits. Nebraska has been approved for six CLE credits. A $10 CLE registration fee is required upon arrival at the symposium. For more information, please contact the Law Review.
You May Also Like
The University of South Dakota is set to host the fifth annual Student and Alumni Networking Mixer on Feb. 23 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. in the Muenster University Center Ballroom.
The University of South Dakota's annual giving day – Unite for USD – is set for Feb. 16-17, 2022. Over the course of 1862 minutes, recognizing the year the state’s flagship university was founded, USD aims to unite the entire Coyote community – alumni, donors, friends, faculty and students – to make an impact on campus.
The University of South Dakota Knudson School of Law hosted a Pre-Law Day event on Nov. 2 to provide USD undergraduate students who are interested in going to law school an opportunity to experience a day in the life of a law school student.