University Brand Toolkit
As the flagship university in the state, the University of South Dakota has a long tradition of academic excellence. As such, the university's public image should reflect this rich history and promising future.
Trademarks & Licensing
The USD Brand
The University of South Dakota name, symbols logos and marks are valuable university assets. In order to fully protect the brand, USD and the Office of Marketing Communication and University Relations registers and licenses its marks though the Learfield Licensing Partners. Only vendors officially licensed through Learfiled Licensing Partners may produce merchandise or other goods bearing the University of South Dakota name, logo or trademarks.
Any item, including those sold to a university-related entity, are generally subject to royalty fees. These fees may be waived in cases where the products are for internal use and will not be resold.
What Needs to be Approved?
- All publications, fact sheets, flyers, direct mail
- Letterhead and forms
- Newsletters and periodicals
- CD's, videos, television, radio
- Advertising and job announcements
- Trademarked and logo clothing
- Promotional products (e.g., pens, cups, etc.)
How Can I Get Assistance & Approval?
Bailey Quanbeck, (Bailey.Quanbeck@usd.edu)
Interim Senior Director of Marketing
Slagle Hall 108
Phone: (605) 658-6254
The university provides various resources to help campus communicators uphold the USD brand and project a positive and professional image to various audiences.
- PowerPoint Presentation - University Logo
- PowerPoint Presentation - Intercollegiate Athletics
- PowerPoint Presentation - Arts & Sciences
- PowerPoint Presentation - Beacom School of Business
- PowerPoint Presentation - School of Education
- PowerPoint Presentation - College of Fine Arts
- PowerPoint Presentation - Graduate School
- PowerPoint Presentation - USD School of Law
- PowerPoint Presentation - Sanford School of Medicine
- PowerPoint Presentation - School of Health Sciences
University Logo Standards
Our logo serves to identify the university in all forms of communications. It must be used consistently and correctly in all communication efforts to present a unified image to our audiences. Please see Graphic and Editorial Standards for acceptable and unacceptable logo usage, placement and colors.
- The logo is restricted to official university entities only; it is not to be used by student groups and organizations, on personal and organizational websites, social media or any other unofficial university representation.
- All university logos and their uses are subject to interpretation and approval by Creative Services.
- The horizontal logo is acceptable when available space does not permit use of the primary logo.
- Colors are PMS 186 and black.
University of South Dakota Logos
Download logos using the links below.
- If you require a format other than those below (for example, black and white or reverse color), email firstname.lastname@example.org to request it.
- Resize logos proportionally by holding down the Shift key while using the resizing handles.
University of South Dakota
- Vertical Logo
- Vertical Logo (All Black)
- Vertical Logo (White Text)
- Horizontal Logo
- Horizontal Logo (All Black)
- Horizontal Logo (White Text)