Sunday June 18– Thursday June 22; 5 days/4 nights
Check in June 18; 11:00-12:00
Parent/Guardian Luncheon 12:00-12:30 - Learn about camp and what your campers will be doing
Check out June 22; 4:00-5:00
USD Main Campus (Vermillion, SD) with an Industry Visit to SouthEast Technical College. Students will overnight in an on-campus residence hall and eat on-campus.
Incoming 7th or 8th grade; must be a resident of South Dakota or attend a public school within South Dakota.
FREE - This opportunity is being funded with federal dollars available to the South Dakota Department of Education through the American Rescue Plan.
Application can be found on Our Dakota Dreams website.
Applications have closed for 2023, but watch for applications for 2024 in February or March. 100 campers will be accepted for this camp. If limited seats, preference will be given to students with need. Questions regarding the application can be directed to Careercamps@sdbor.edu. Any questions specifically about this USD camp can be directed to Amy Schweinle, dean of the School of Education (USD) and USD Dakota Dreams Camp Director at Amy.Schweinle@usd.edu.
The South Dakota Board of Regents is offering week-long career exploration camps on campuses for incoming 7th and 8th grade students in Summer 2023. This is a FREE camp thanks to a grant by the South Dakota Board of Education!
Campers will be immersed in a week of ‘college life’ designed to explore career paths through engaging activities and tours of area business and industry. By the end of this five-day residential camp, students will have a better understanding of themselves, their personal career interests, and how education connects to these professions.
Campers will experience:
- Exposure to 11 career paths through hands-on learning. This includes Legal Practice & Law Enforcement; Graphic Design & Digital Marketing; Arts in Health; Teacher Education; Supply Chain; Speech Language Pathology & Audiology; Computer Science; Health Science & Medicine; Media Design; Accounting; Medical Assistant; Nursing.
- Two full days and two half-days at the University of South Dakota.
- A day trip to Southeast Technical College.
- Tours of area business and industry.
- Transportation to and from off-campus field trip sites
- On-campus housing (four overnights) in USD’s residence halls.
- Camp Counselors will be with campers 24/7.
- Campus dining facilities (all meals, snacks, and drinks included)
- Evening recreational and social activities - such as swimming, gym & fitness games at the USD Wellness Center, Movie Night, evening with D1 athletes, etc.
- 24/7 counselor supervision.