At the Beacom School of Business, we are committed to assisting students make connections between their academic experience and career paths. Students grow personally and professionally during their time on campus and we believe that career development begins the first day of classes.
The Career Success Center builds relationships with alumni, employers and graduate schools to optimize internship, job and career opportunities. These partnerships assist students in developing co-curricular experiences that will help to ensure they are successful in their future pursuits.
Explore Career Services
Our Career Success Center has everything students need to find the perfect career, including:
- A dedicated center with a focus on individualized career coaching
- Access to Coyote Careers - an online job and internship system accessible only to our students and alumni
- On-site interview rooms in Beacom Hall
- Resumé and cover letter review
- Mock interviews, workshops and more
Events like career fairs, workshops and programs bring students and employers together to discuss a broad range of topics and trends. We facilitate many opportunities to make these connections such as:
- On-campus interviews with regional and national companies that recruit our business students every year
- Access to thousands of alumni contacts from all over the world
- Coyote Careers, our network of job and internship listings, connects students and alumni with employers in a variety of industries and locations throughout the world
Job and Internship Search
Coyote Careers is an online resource housing hundreds of internship and full-time job opportunities, as well as local and regional part-time positions, and USD work-study and graduate assistant positions. The system is easy to use and allows you to review and save job postings, upload your resume and other career documents, apply for positions and sign up for on-campus interviews.
Career Planning Guide
In conjunction with the Academic & Career Planning Center, School of Education Placement Services and School of Law Career Services, the Career Success Center has created a Career Planning Guide to help with common questions regarding resumes, preparing for an interview, graduate school and preparing for life after graduation.
- On-campus interview scheduling
- Assistance with developing appropriate avenues for recruiting on campus
- Networking events to facilitate networking and professional relationship building between students and employers
- Job and internship posting on Coyote Careers
- Full-time, part-time and internship position posting in the “Biz Bulletin,” a weekly email newsletter that goes out to students who have been admitted to the Business School
- Create a pipeline of new hires through internships and assistance with internship development
- Recruit qualified candidates and generate interest in your organization through career fairs and campus visits
- Connect with faculty and student organizations
Coyote Careers, exclusive to current students and alumni, will allow you to post jobs, connect with students and schedule on-campus interviews and career events.
Employers are invited to link to Coyote Careers. If you already have an account, log in with your username and password. If this is your first time using Coyote Careers, click the link at the bottom of the page “Click Here To Register” then follow the instructions for posting a position.
The system is easy to use and is a great way to advertise your company, review students’ resumes and profiles, post your positions and schedule on-campus interviews. Feel free to email email or call us if you have any questions.
Along with posting your available positions to Coyote Careers, employers are encouraged to email opportunities to the Career Success Center to be included in the Biz Bulletin newsletter. By emailing your positions, the Career Success Center will include the positions in the Biz Bulletin newsletter sent directly to business students.
Interview On Campus
You can arrange to hold on-campus interviews for full- and part-time employment or internship positions right on campus. Contact us to schedule your interviews.
Host On-Campus Events
Employers are welcome to coordinate a time to host an on-campus event, such as an Information Session or Lunch ‘n Learn, to connect with Beacom School of Business students. Contact the Career Success Center with any questions or inquiries about coming to campus.