Learn how to express your ideas visually with strong conceptual development and problem-solving skills through strong studio practice, creative thinking and exhibition opportunities across the region and nation.
One-on-one time to cultivate your talents
As a printmaking student, you'll gain knowledge and skills in both traditional and alternative printmaking processes as the means to develop your personal voice. Our small class sizes allow us to focus on you and provide educational opportunities and experiences that foster independent thinking, artistic courage and integrity.
Degrees & Offerings
Art: Printmaking (MFA)Master's
As a graduate printmaking student, you will have opportunities to participate in assistantships, dedicated studio and workstations and leadership roles within the art community at USD. You will take master-level studio courses in lithography, intaglio, art history and master's studio that challenge you to dig deeper and grow creatively, with a focus on preparing you for a life as a creative leader and professional artist.
Departments & Facilities
The Department of Art will provide you with unique and applicable real-world experience and connections that enable you to immerse yourself in an environment built for personal and creative discovery.
Here are some of the facilities and resources available to printmaking students:
- Darkrooms for screenprinting, lithography and intaglio
- Artists’ books/bookbinding studio
- Mac computer lab, scanners and large/medium format printers
- Access to laser cutters and 15 screen printing stations
- Charles Brand lithography presses and 45 lithographic stones
- Five etching presses from small to large
- T-shirt screenprinting stations
- Letterpress and type shop
- Large individual graduate studios with 24-hour access