Small-town charm. Big-city amenities.
As South Dakota's largest city, Sioux Falls is consistently ranked among America's top places to live. With a metro area population of over 250,000, Sioux Falls offers a superb quality of life, benefiting from safe streets, excellent schools, low unemployment and no state income tax.
With one of the Midwest's most dynamic and diverse business environments, Sioux Falls is home to industry-leading companies in agribusiness, financial services, health care and tourism. Sioux Falls is regularly ranked in Forbes magazine's Best Small Places for Business and Careers.
Your Guide to Sioux Falls
Downtown Sioux FallsSioux Falls is home to a vibrant, revitalized downtown filled with local shops, bars and restaurants.
- Sertoma Butterfly House & Marine Cove
- Sioux Empire Community Theatre
- Siouxland Heritage Museums
- South Dakota Symphony Orchestra
- Washington Pavilion of Arts and Sciences - Home to traveling Broadway shows, the Kirby Science Discovery Center and the Visual Arts Center
- Sioux Falls Events keeps a comprehensive list of area attractions.
Sioux Falls is a three-hour drive from Omaha, Nebraska and a four-hour drive from Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Sioux Falls experiences four full seasons and offers opportunities to take advantage of them all.
- Falls Park Farmers' Market
- Great Bear Recreation Park - Skiing, snowboarding and warm-weather events
- Great Plains Zoo & Delbridge Museum
- The Outdoor Campus - Outdoor skills and nature center
- Sioux Falls Bike Trail
- Sioux Falls Canaries Baseball
- Sioux Falls Parks
- Sioux Falls Pools
- Wild Water West Water Park
Sioux Falls offers public and parochial learning options. The Sioux Falls School District includes 23 elementary schools, five middle schools and three traditional high schools.
Sioux Falls Catholic Schools includes six elementary schools and one junior high and high school.
From the Victorian-era homes near downtown to the newer developments east, west and south of the city, Sioux Falls offers a variety of residential areas. Neighborhoods are well-served by public parks, libraries and other amenities.
Search for Homes
Search for Rentals
Sioux Falls has a projected annual job growth of 2.2 percent and a relatively low unemployment rate of 4 percent. Major employers include Avera Health, Citigroup, Sanford Health, the Sioux Falls School District and Wells Fargo.
Visit the Sioux Falls Convention & Visitors Bureau site for more about Sioux Falls.