Departments & Facilities
The Department of Art will provide you with unique and applicable real-world experience and connections that enable you to immerse yourself in an environment built for personal and creative discovery.
Here are some of the facilities and resources available to painting students:
- Large, naturally lit critique spaces
- Large light control system spaces for studio projects and figure painting
- Free-figure model sessions
- Access to video and audio editing equipment and professional-grade digital cameras and light kits
- Well-ventilated spray booths
- Laser cutters
- Undergraduate and graduate individual studios
- Woodshed facilities to create canvas and panel supports
Discover Your Community
Everybody is an artist and holds the ability to create art. Find out what it means to be part of both an interesting community that engages in art, comes together to tell an interesting story. Learn more about community-based mural making.