Departments & Facilities
The Department of Art will provide you with unique and applicable real-world experience and connections that enable you to immerse yourself in an environment built for personal and creative discovery.
Here are some of the facilities and resources available to photography students:
- Fully equipped Camera studio: Nikon 3200 Digital SLRs, 8’x 10’ cameras, 4’x5’ cameras, medium format cameras, 35mm single lens reflective cameras
- A large selection of lenses, accessories, LED and hot light kits, analog and digital lab equipment
- Shooting and lighting studio with a high-end strobe system and backdrops
- Black-and-white darkroom with 22 enlargers
- Alternative processes and film developing facility for palladium, wet plate collodion, other historic processes and black and white film processing
- Fully equipped printing shop: Epson 9800 printer, 44” wide Epson 4900 professional printer and 17” wide professional printer
Develop Your Talents
Exceptional Student Work
Students are encouraged to merge their work in photography with other art forms at USD such as community art, interactivity, installation art and more. This process is reinforced through visiting artists, peer interactions and regular exhibitions in the galleries across campus and in the community.