Known for Excellence
With qualities like small class sizes, specialized programs and incredible student opportunities, USD is not your typical university. What makes us unique is what makes your education exceptional.
Fully Accredited by NASAD since 1980.
Our partnerships with the National Music Museum, University Art Galleries and Black Hills Playhouse give students unmatched experiences.
The first BFA art and design program in the state of South Dakota.
Departments & Facilities
The Department of Art will provide you with unique and applicable real-world experience and connections that enable you to immerse yourself in an environment built for personal and creative discovery.
Here are some of the facilities and resources available to printmaking students:
- Darkrooms for screenprinting, lithography and intaglio
- Artists’ books/bookbinding studio
- Mac computer lab, scanners and large/medium format printers
- Access to laser cutters and 15 screen printing stations
- Charles Brand lithography presses and 45 lithographic stones
- Five etching presses from small to large
- T-shirt screenprinting stations
- Letterpress and type shop
- Large individual graduate studios with 24-hour access