Whether you are developing ideas for an essay or editing a short story, the Writing Center can help you organize, revise and polish your work. We provide assistance with essays, reports, M.A. theses and dissertations, short stories, poems, résumés, business letters, grants and proposals – any homework that involves writing.
Schedule an Appointment
Here are some options available to you:
- Meet on campus with a writing consultant for a back-and-forth conversation about your writing. Schedule an appointment online in Coyote Connections or simply drop in to see if a consultant is available.
- Meet with a writing consultant in Sioux Falls. We have a consultant available for on-campus assistance in Sioux Falls on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2 - 4 p.m.
- Meet with a writing consultant over Zoom. Log into D2L and select the Online Writing Center. In the navigation bar, select Communications > Zoom Conferencing (USD) > Zoom link. A writing consultant will be available during our scheduled hours.
- Submit your writing in the dropbox and get feedback. This is a great option if you have a demanding schedule and can’t talk to a writing consultant live. Log into D2L and select the Online Writing Center. Go to the Content area, download the D2L Information form, and fill it out completely. Upload your D2L form and your writing in the Dropbox (under Assessments). A writing consultant will respond to your writing submission, usually within a couple of days.
- Extra Credit: Some instructors offer extra credit for utilizing the Online Writing Center. (Ask your instructor about this.)
|Spring Semester 2022 Hours
Monday - Thursday
10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
|Online Writing Center (Zoom) Drop-in
||Sunday 5 - 8 p.m., or by request
Hours are subject to change. We are closed on holidays and university breaks.