Explore the complex world of higher education and gain valuable and transferable leadership skills through the President's Executive Leadership Institute. Through this unique professional development opportunity for campus-based administrators and leaders, program fellows will learn about issues facing higher education broadly and the University of South Dakota specifically.
President Sheila K. Gestring supports this program as an opportunity to develop future university leaders, foster interdisciplinary collaborations and cultivate a strong connection to the campus community.
- Cohorts will be selected by the members of the President's Executive Leadership Institute committee.
- Program runs August 2019 - May 2020.
- Each class begins with an off-campus retreat and participates in one full-day session each month throughout the academic year.
- Increase knowledge and awareness of issues and challenges facing higher education and the University of South Dakota
- Enhance leadership, management and decision-making skills
- Learn about the relationship between the South Dakota Board of Regents and the University of South Dakota
- Explore the role of strategic planning and budgeting in advancing department and unit interests in alignment with the overall mission of the university
- Identify appropriate strategies in addressing key issues and achieving organizational goals
- Understand state and federal government issues that affect higher education
- Expand networking opportunities and resources available at the local, state and national levels in sustaining the university and its mission
- Application must include 1) a letter from the applicant expressing interest in the program and career goals; 2) two letters of recommendation; and 3) a current resume or CV.
- Please send all application materials or questions regarding the program to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 12, 2019.
Executive Leadership Retreat
Broom Tree Retreat Center
Irene, South Dakota