|The online Writing Center in D2L can help all USD writers seven days week. If you don't have access, email us at email@example.com, and we will enroll you.|
Receive help on all areas of your writing from developing ideas to revising and polishing your pieces. We provide assistance with:
- Homework that involves writing
- M.A. Theses and dissertations
- Short stories
- Business letters
- Grants and proposals
Fall 2020 Hours
Drop in or make an appointment in Coyote Connections, either on campus or in Zoom via the Online Writing Center in D2L.
|Monday||10 a.m. - 6 p.m. on campus, 6 - 9 p.m via Zoom|
|Tuesday||10 a.m. - 6 p.m. on campus, 6 - 9 p.m. via Zoom|
|Wednesday||10 a.m. - 6 p.m. on campus, 6 - 9 p.m via Zoom|
|Thursday||10 a.m. - 6 p.m. on campus, 6 - 9 p.m. via Zoom|
|Friday||10 a.m. - 3 p.m. on campus|
|Sunday||5 - 9 p.m via Zoom|
Hours are subject to change. We are closed on holidays and university breaks.
Online Writing Assistance
The Online Writing Center is available to students taking distance courses through USD and those who are unable to attend an on-campus session.
View Online Writing Center
(myUSD login required)
Professors, Instructors and Teaching Assistants
We can come to your classroom to do a brief presentation (5-10 minutes) about the Writing Center.
Classroom Presentation Request Form (myUSD login required)
Enjoy a cup of tea or coffee while working with an experienced consultant on your speaking skills in English and learning about life in the United States.
Schedule Appointment (myUSD login required)
We have several videos available to teach you how to set up or format papers in various styles such as Chicago, MLA and APA.
Become a Writing Consultant
If you are a strong writer and think you might enjoy helping others with their writing, consider becoming a writing consultant.
As a peer writing consultant, you are expected to:
- Work eight to 12 hours per week
- Work with a variety of writers, including undergraduate students, graduate students, staff and faculty
- Help both on-campus and distance writers
If hired, you will undergo a paid training program.
- Grade of A or B in both English 101 and another writing-intensive course, such as English 210, English 201 or a writing course in your major or minor
- Sophomore status or higher in upcoming spring semester
- Available to work at least two semesters in the Writing Center
- Minimum 3.2 cumulative undergraduate GPA
Apply to be a Writing Consultant (myUSD login required)