|The online Writing Center in D2L can help all USD writers seven days week. If you don't have access, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will enroll you.|
Receive help on all areas of your writing from developing ideas to revising and polishing your pieces. We provide assistance with:
- Homework that involves writing
- M.A. Theses and dissertations
- Short stories
- Business letters
- Grants and proposals
Summer 2021 Hours
* More times will be available as summer progresses.
|Spring Semester 2021 Hours|
|Monday||2:30 - 4:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||1:30 - 4:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||1:30 - 4:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||2:30 - 4:30 p.m.|
Hours are subject to change. We are closed on holidays and university breaks.
Get help with your writing this summer. The USD Writing Center is here for you, on campus and online!
- Meet on campus with a writing consultant for a back-and-forth conversation about your writing. Schedule an appointment online in Coyote Connections or simply drop in to see if a consultant is available.
- Meet with a writing consultant in Zoom. Log into D2L and select the Online Writing Center. In the navigation bar, select Communications > Zoom Conferencing (USD) > Zoom link. A writing consultant will be available during our scheduled hours.
- Submit your writing in the dropbox and get feedback. This is a great option if you have a demanding schedule and can’t talk to a writing consultant live. Log into D2L and select the Online Writing Center. Go to the Content area, download the D2L Information form, and fill it out completely. Upload your D2L form and your writing in the Dropbox (under Assessments). A writing consultant will respond to your writing submission, usually within a couple of days.
- Extra Credit: Some instructors offer extra credit for utilizing the Online Writing Center. (Ask your instructor about this.)
- Questions? Contact us 24/7 by email at email@example.com.
Online Writing Assistance
The Online Writing Center is available to students taking distance courses through USD and those who are unable to attend an on-campus session.
View Online Writing Center
(myUSD login required)
Professors, Instructors and Teaching Assistants
We can come to your classroom to do a brief presentation (5-10 minutes) about the Writing Center.
Enjoy a cup of tea or coffee while working with an experienced consultant on your speaking skills in English and learning about life in the United States.
Schedule Appointment (myUSD login required)
We have several videos available to teach you how to set up or format papers in various styles such as Chicago, MLA and APA.
Become a Writing Consultant
If you are a strong writer and think you might enjoy helping others with their writing, consider becoming a writing consultant.
As a peer writing consultant, you are expected to:
- Work eight to 12 hours per week
- Work with a variety of writers, including undergraduate students, graduate students, staff and faculty
- Help both on-campus and distance writers
If hired, you will undergo a paid training program.
- Grade of A or B in both English 101 and another writing-intensive course, such as English 210, English 201 or a writing course in your major or minor
- Sophomore status or higher in upcoming spring semester
- Available to work at least two semesters in the Writing Center
- Minimum 3.2 cumulative undergraduate GPA
Apply to be a Writing Consultant (myUSD login required)