Skip to main content
- Includes fuels, janitorial supplies, chemicals, and other items and materials such as fluorescent lights, batteries, asbestos, and paints.
For Spills and Accidents
- Notify your supervisor and contact Public Safety immediately.
- If spilled chemical is flammable, extinguish all nearby sources of ignition.
- If a person has been splashed with a chemical, wash them with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, remove all contaminated clothing, and get medical attention.
- If a person has been overexposed by inhalation, get the victim to fresh air; apply artificial respiration if necessary, and get medical attention.
- In other cases of overexposure, get medical attention and follow the instructions of the medical professional.