Apply to USD as a South Dakota Board of Regents System Transfer
- Apply to USD using the BOR Transfer requirements and procedures listed below only if the last school you attended is in the South Dakota Board of Regents System (BHSU, DSU, NSU, SDSMT or SDSU).
- If the last school you attended is not a South Dakota Board of Regents School please apply under Transfer Admission.
Transfer students applying to the University of South Dakota from another South Dakota Board of Regents school should meet the following minimum requirements. Some specific programs and majors may have additional admission requirements.
- Complete 24 or more semester credits
Transfer students under the age of 24 who have earned fewer than 24 semester credits must also meet the freshman admission requirements
- 2.0 or higher cumulative grade point average
Students with less than a 2.0 GPA are subject to review and may be admitted on probation
- Remain in good standing with your most recently attended school
Students transferring directly from another South Dakota Board of Regents school will need only submit an application to the USD Office of Admissions.
US $20 application fee
Exceptions to the fee are made for students who are non-degree seeking, or have previously applied, paid the fee and attended a university in the Board of Regents system within the previous three semesters.
Your transcripts, test scores and other application information have remained on file at the Enrollment Service Center. Some additional documents may be required if your legal name has changed since you last attended a BOR school.
Please submit your application materials to the following address:
- Office of Undergraduate Admissions
University of South Dakota
414 East Clark Street
Vermillion, SD 57069-2390
Telephone: 1-877-COYOTES Fax: 605-677-6323