Welcome to the University of South Dakota!
We work closely with high schools and organizations to bring college-bound students to campus for an engaging and memorable visit experience.
Group visits are available for groups of five or more students as part of a class trip or other educational programs. If you would like to make a reservation for an individual family, or have a group smaller than five, please use our individual visit form.
Group visits can include the following:
- A session with an admissions counselor describing the academic and student life experience (30 minutes)
- Admissions process
- Costs and scholarships
- Academic programs
- Student involvement
- A one-hour campus tour with a student ambassador (60 minutes)
- Additional Visit Options:
Depending on availability, your group may opt to take part in any of the following opportunities:
- Student panel - Current USD students will answer your questions on what it's like to be a Coyote. (30 minutes)
- Academic departments (subject to faculty availability) - Visit with our renown faculty and learn more about our majors and programs. (Only available for groups of 5-10 students)
- College readiness and success tips - Get ready for college with these tips from our academic advisors. (30 minutes)
- Gross anatomy lab tour - Groups with an interest in health care professions will get an insider's look at the lab with a tour of the facilities used by medical students in USD's Sanford School of Medicine.
- National Music Museum - Face the music and view musical instruments from virtually every historical period. (The NMM will be closed until 2021. Tours are unavailable until then.)
- Honors Program - Learn about opportunities available through our Honors Program. (30 minutes)
Registration Tips and Information
- To ensure the best experience for your group, group reservations must be made three weeks in advance at a minimum.
- We require at least one chaperone per 10 students. Chaperones must be present with students at all times, including the campus tour.
- Not all dates may be available. Please have an alternate day planned if your first choice is not available.
- Groups are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis. We limit the number of groups on campus at any particular time to give you the best possible experience.
- Group visits are not available on weekends or academic breaks. (View the academic calendar)
- Your visit date is not confirmed until you receive your confirmation email. Please do not make travel arrangements until your date is confirmed by the Admissions Office.
- Once your visit is confirmed you will receive a link for registering your students. Each student must complete the registration form before arriving on campus.
- Overnight accommodations are not available on campus, but we do have a list of hotels that are in Vermillion.
- The additional visit options listed above may be limited in the summer and other times during the academic year.
- Parking for buses and all vehicles is available in lot 36 (West of Coyote Village). Parking passes will be available upon your arrival to campus. View the campus parking map.
Please contact the Office of Admissions at 1-877-COYOTES with any questions about your group visit. We look forward to having you on campus!