Congratulations! Now that you're officially a Coyote, it's time to become familiar with what is available to you as a USD student. Listed below are several services and resources that are here to help you succeed and make the most of your time as a Coyote. We can't wait to have you join us.
Welcome to USD. Welcome home.
Please note: all resources below are available to new students at USD's main campus in Vermillion. Resources marked with an asterisk (*) are also available to new students at USD's Community College for Sioux Falls (CCSF).
- USD's Guide to Your Education* - Use this document to help you select courses you need in order to graduate.
- English and Math Placement* - Go to our English and math placement page for more information about which class(es) to take and how to challenge a placement test.
- Self-Service* - Watch the three, short instructional videos on how to register yourself for your USD courses.
- How to Order Textbooks* - Wondering how to order your textbooks and course materials? Use this document to answer those questions and learn about Charlie's Bookstore & Fan Shop. Then once you have successfully signed up for your classes, go to usd.edu/textbooks to purchase or rent the items you need.
- 10 Reasons to Be Involved in Music* - Read what current students have to say about why you should be involved in music at USD.
The Yote Life
Dean of Students and Vice President for Student Services Kim Grieve, Ph.D., welcomes you to the University of South Dakota! Watch this brief video to hear her message to the Class of 2025.
- More videos about what to expect as a Coyote* - Watch our videos on demand that will give you a preview of life as a Coyote. Topics include Registration 101, move-in day, student health, student life, ordering textbooks, studying abroad, Sorority & Fraternity Life and so much more! You will be prompted to log in or create a free account to access the videos. Once you are logged in, go to the Registration and Enrollment section to access these videos on demand.
- Tuition and Fees - View the current breakdown of USD's undergraduate tuition and fees.
- SDePay Document* - Read about where you can access and pay your tuition and fees.
- Payment Plan - Browse over the details about available payment plans with USD and Nelnet Campus Commerce.
- Order Your Coyote Card* - Want to get your student ID before you arrive on campus? Follow the directions on how to order your Coyote Card today. Your first Coyote Card will be free; any replacements may require a fee.
- Coyote Card and Meal Plan - Check out the multiple functions of your new student ID and select a meal plan that's best suited to you.
- Order Your Parking Pass - If you intend to keep a vehicle at campus, you'll likely need to purchase a parking pass. Students who live on campus are encouraged to purchase a "B" parking pass. Commuters and students who live off campus are encouraged to purchase an "A" parking pass. Make sure to review the parking map and regulations as well.
- Buy a Laptop from USD - Learn more about this opportunity as a new Coyote: USD offers students, faculty and staff the convenience of purchasing a laptop with Office 365 pre-installed, a 3-year warranty with onsite and accidental damage protection, free support offered by USD technicians and more.
- Visit Coyote One Stop - Coyote One Stop is a website where you can ask questions and find resources about all things USD, wherever you are, anytime. To find the answers you need, you can either ask a question or search the knowledge base of existing Q&As.
- Student Health Booklet - Read through the booklet by Sanford Health Vermillion Clinic to learn about your student health resources.
- Charlie's Bookstore & Fan Shop - Looking for new Coyote gear to add to your closet or home? Browse through the various apparel items, accessories and more at Charlie's Bookstore & Fan Shop. Shop online or stop by our two stores located in downtown Vermillion and in the Muenster University Center on USD's main campus, respectively.
- The Volante* - Keep up with what's happening on campus and throughout the state by reading the latest articles from the Volante, an independent newspaper led by USD students.
- Army ROTC Brochure - Read about the opportunities and benefits of being a member of the Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) at USD.
- SVRC Document* - Become familiar with the resources available to student veterans by getting involved with the Student Veterans Resource Center (SVRC).
- Diversity and Community - Explore the Center for Diversity and Community (CDC), which is here to serve the diversity and inclusiveness needs of the USD student body as well as to support communities that have historically been marginalized. The CDC offers an array of services and programming throughout the year to support students.
- Disability Services* - Learn more about your available resources with Disability Services.
- TRiO Student Support Services Brochure - Check out TRiO, a service program created to provide opportunities for increased access and success in college.
- I CARE Brochure* - Learn more about I CARE, a program at USD committed to preventing and responding to sexual assault through programming and advocacy.
- VCDC - Are you new to Vermillion or curious about the opportunities you have here? Learn about what is available to you as a member of the USD and Vermillion community by browsing the Vermillion Area Chamber & Development Company's (VCDC) website.
- Grubhub - Order food online and skip the lines in person! Use Grubhub to place an order ahead of time, and then pick up your food on campus. Download Grubhub from Google Play or from Apple's App Store.
- USDgo - Use the official app of USD for quick and easy access to the faculty and staff directory, campus information, campus maps, news, events and so much more. Download USDgo in Google Play or in Apple's App Store.
- USD Safe - Learn more about USD Safe, an app created by AppArmor. USD Safe works both on- and off-campus. It serves as a virtual escort to students, providing real-time location information to emergency contacts and the University Police Department.
* denotes resources available to new students at USD's main campus in Vermillion as well as the CCSF.