Interested in issues of gender equality and LGBTQ rights and equality? Want to connect with students involved in creating fun, supportive and engaged communities here on campus? Check out these student organizations affiliated with the women and gender studies program.
Spectrum: Gender & Sexuality Alliance
A group that aims to provide education and a social outlet for the LGBTIQQA community and their allies on the USD campus and in the Vermillion community. We meet weekly to serve as a safe place here on campus. We are an all-inclusive group that welcomes people of all genders and sexualities. We also host events and activities on campus - including a drag show.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Association for the Advancement of Women’s Rights (AAWR)
AAWR was created for people of all genders to come together to address gender equality and inequality.
The purpose of the AAWR is:
- To create an inclusive group for people of all genders to come together and address gender equality and inequality in a respectful, thoughtful and constructive manner.
- To provide valuable resources and support to women at USD.
- To promote better understanding of women and women’s issues among the university and the community.
- To further the advancement of women in American society.
- To encourage and support women in STEM programs and careers.
- To address multicultural issues among women.
- To provide an avenue for positive, instrumental relationships to develop between all genders.
For more information email email@example.com.