The beginning of a semester can bring with it a lot of expenses. We want to help.
To help you pay for your USD Bookstore books and supplies at the beginning of the semester, the University of South Dakota offers a $500 interest-free loan to full-time undergraduate students. Your books and supplies will be charged to your USD account.
Please read this entire section prior to completing your application.
To be eligible for the USD Book Loan Program, students must meet the following qualifications:
- Undergraduate, full-time student
- USD account is in good standing
- Loans are available on a first come/first serve basis until funding is depleted.
This application is available until two weeks after the first day of classes (Fall and Spring semesters only.)
How to Participate
- If eligible, you will be able to charge your purchase of class books and supplies up to $500.
- The loan may be used for rental or purchase of textbooks, new or used, hardcopy or digital as well as for class supplies.
- The amount will be added as a line item on your USD bill and no interest will be charged during the first semester. The loan should be repaid prior to the start of the next spring semester.
- If renting books, you must bring a valid credit card to complete the transaction.
- Clothing and merchandise purchases are excluded.
Apply for the Book Loan Program