The Academy of Finance (AOF) program is an outreach program of the Beacom School of Business and the S.D. Council on Economic Education. We provide business-focused courses and work experiences to high school juniors and seniors at the Sioux Falls high schools.
Benefits of Participation
- You can earn up to 17 college credits, along with five elective high school credits prior to graduation from high school
- Experience challenging curriculum which helps prepare you for careers, college and other areas of your life
- Participate in field trips and activities which are an integral part of the AOF experience
- Opportunity to start and run your own business as part of the Survey of Business course
- Participate in an internship with a local business during the summer after your junior year
- Two senior AOF students receive a $500 Wayne Rasmussen Scholarship annually
Each fall semester AOF students also participate in AOF Day at the USD campus in Vermillion. Students visit the Beacom School of Business where they actively participate in a lecture about the importance of studying economic development, entrepreneurship and the benefits of small business creation. Students also tour the campus, meet and enjoy lunch with the dean, professors, staff and students.