BeacomDirect is a special direct admission program for high achieving high school students interested in studying business at the University of South Dakota. High school students who meet the eligibility requirements are automatically enrolled in the program if they choose business as their major.
Eligibility is based on admission to USD, an ACT composite score of 26 or higher and a high school GPA of 3.6 or higher.
Members enjoy many unique privileges in the Beacom School of Business. You will get the chance to network with other first-year BeacomDirect students, have access to exclusive dean’s scholarships and receive priority invitations to connect with business and industry leaders. Other benefits include early registration with academic advising and preferred consideration for programs such as peer advisor and dean’s ambassadors.
Why Choose the Beacom School of Business
- Our graduates are recruited by top employers nationally such as Deloitte, KPMG, Goldman Sachs, Deutsche Bank, Union Pacific, Medtronic and more.
- Located in the Midwest between two large business hubs: Sioux Falls, South Dakota and Omaha, Nebraska.
- Job placements are soaring: 96 percent + employment six months post-graduation.
- AACSB accredited: only the top 5 percent of the world’s business schools hold this prestigious accreditation.
- Personalized career services: resume writing, interview etiquette, career counseling, job search strategies and internship and job placement.
- Work on current case studies, have professors that know you by name, average class size of 32.
- Highly ranked academic programs: our online MBA is ranked no. 12 by The Princeton Review.
- Unique opportunities:
- Compete in regional and national business competitions through students organizations like American Marketing Association and Society for Human Resource Management.
- Manage more than 1.4 million dollars in the stock market with Coyote Capital Management.
- Meet Warren Buffett with the Financial Management Association.
- Travel the world and get a global perspective.
- Amazing quality at an affordable price. Check out the in-state and out-of-state tuition.